Thread: 12ftp Target holders?

Question 12ftp Target holders?

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a really hard wearing paper target holder / pellet trap for 12ftp shooting (or higher)? I currently own a Gunpower Shadow which so far I have been using to shoot paper targets at distances of 25-50m and of the three target holders I have bought none have lasted very long!! I started with two from a local shop which despite being and looking very cheap I was assured were rated to 12ftp but they obviously weren't as each shot was putting a 5mm deep dent in the back of the pellet catcher! I then bought a 6.75" Bisley target holder which is definitely rated to 12ftp and this is doing considerably better but after about 100 shots the metal plate in the back has seen better days. I'm sure it will last a little while yet but it wasn't cheap - is this normal?

I am going to buy a chrono as I have never tested the muzzle energy of the rifle myself but I have been using it straight out of the box with no tinkering, tampering or modification of any kind so I would assume that the rifle is shooting within legal limits (I'll find out soon though and adjust it if necessary).

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Will.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    I have a Webley 17cm target holder. It has an extra steel plate welded into the back and has survived an 11fpe rifle. It cost about £15.
    The back plate will look a bit messy after a while.

yhpm m8ty
    www.derbytargets.com

ANYONE AFTER A CUSTOM TARGET HOLDER PLEASE PM ME...ALL TYPES MADE.

Target Holder

Edgar Brothers used to sell a very solid black-box effort made by Outers, which would stop a .22 rimfire. My Webley holder with the reinforced backplate soon became bent.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

target holders don't last long

Well not if you keep your groups near the bull!!
    Have got through several in past 2 years, current set up is the bisley one but with a small piece of 1/2 inch steel plate to cover the area behind the bull, then I place several layers of cardboard or old carpet between that and the target card to reduce the thwack noises.
    All my rifles are sub 12 ftlb and I set the target up at 25 metres.
    Good shooting, John
    AirArms Tx200 Mk111 .177, HW98 .22, Daystate X2sports .22, Beretta Silver Pigeon V 12G, Thomas Wild 12G SxS hammer, Beretta Trap 12G
    "Happiness is a warm barrel" doctordoom