Thread: Exporting to Holland

Kev. Guest

Exporting to Holland

Do any of you have any information on exporting an FAC airgun to Holland?

Gary C Guest
    DTi program Elvis takes you through obtaining an export cert which gets it off your ticket.

If it's licensable in Holland you will need an import permit, if not an end user declaration.

Give me a bell when you have a minute Kev and I'll talk you through it

Kev. Guest
    thanks Gary, can you pm me your contact number.

John Henry 1 Guest
    I contacted Post Office/Parcel Force who told me that the Dutch would not allow air rifles into the country. consequently they would not accept them for dispatch. I didn't pursue it any further as I had only an enquiry.
    Cheers
    John R

Originally posted by johnhrhodes
    .....Dutch would not allow air rifles into the country. consequently they would not accept them for dispatch.
    John R
    That is a bare faced lie like you 'ave never seen before. Any air gun will be accepted into The Netherlands, regardless of its caliber or energy providing the actual gun doesn't resemble a real gun like the Career with lever that looks like a Winchester repeater or a HW45 which is a copy of the Colt 45 etc etc.

For rifles like Rapid, Hornet or any other PCP or springer; No Problem.
    These Parcel people should keep their mouth shut and get alive. They still seem to think we live on a p@xy Island and making us look like a couple of prats.
    Personally I'm very fond of the Dutch as they always treat me with respect and I tend to get upset when someone tries to make them look like as if they were narrowminded like ......

Sorry I was just carried away here, end of story.

Len
    Theory Men: They all know how it should work but it doesn't
    Practice Men: Everything works but nobody knows how

Hi there,

Len you're completely right, as long as you stay clear of so called lookalikes (HW 45, Career 707, Gat rifles) you can import any regular type of airrifle into the Netherlands.
    We don't have any ristriction on the poweroutput of our guns, so you can legally own a 9 m/m single shot which is doing a 100 + fpe without any form of licence.
    You are not allowed to hunt with airrifles in Holland, so there isn't much use for buying such a gun, but it's totally legal to do it, if you fancy that.

I had a couple of rifles send over from the Uk & the States , without any problems.

Good luck

Hans from the Netherlands

John Henry 1 Guest
    Just telling you what they told me, I re-emailed them to confirm, as I thought it unlikely, but they came back with a similar tale.
    Cheers

maybe they just don't WANT to 'export'an airrifle to the NL
    o, well, if they don't want to make money..
    but Ratbuster and Len are correct, airguns are free in the NL
    I've had airguns sent to me before from the UK, Germany and Canada, no problem

John Henry 1 Guest
    No wonder the Post Office/Parce Force is going down the pan, when it's working as it should it's fine, but they are totally lacking consistencey. What's it going to take?. Vive la revolution!! or whatever they call it.
    Cheers

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Kev, BAR may be able to offer you some advice on this....
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

BAR rarely sends FAC guns to the Netherlands as far as I know, (avoiding the paper hassle that is involved, rumour is you have to be more than just an occaisional customer ;o) ). They do send lots of 12 Ft.Lb guns over however, using......Parcel Force!!

I take it Kev is talking about that Eliminator? Can you convert a FAC gun back to a non FAC, or is it "FAC-forever"?
    (Like purging the gasstrut till it is 12 Ft.Lb and ship it like a regular gun?)
    What if a dutch buyer would collect? could it be transscribed at a police station, providing buyer would come up with required paperwork?

Erwin