For RichardH, regarding the membership of the "so called" shooting organisatsions, I agree that support is supposed to be a 2 way street. Unfortunately I have not bothered to join any of these organisations & left the CPSA after the last 2 major clamp downs on gun ownership by the politically correct politicians that are more interested in being seen to do something rather than actually doing it.

As you rightly stated about the NRA, just letting it slide after Hungerford, the CPSA did the same after Dunblane as there were no shotguns involved ! Hence I did not renew with them. Unfortunately all of the other shooting organisations argue amongst each other, after all our memberships keep them in cushy jobs ! & as far as I'm aware no UK government have ever enacted any of their or the FCC's recommendations, or repeeled or reduced the intended legislation in response to the efforts of the shooting organisations !

Thus your money is wasted & no politician gives a sh!t about a couple of hundred thousand S1 shooters rights or opinions & only slightly less about the 1/2 million shotgun users. As no one knows how many airgunners there are & who they are, then they don't even figure in the politicians minds at all. If there was one body representing shooting, that had elected leaders & could demonstrate to any government or potential government the ability to affect the voting of say 10million gun users, then they would listen, as they do in the USA, much to the antis disgust.

Maybe these are the 10million missing from Muddy Gumboots 50M population figure

If any of these shooting organisations make a difference, then I'd join & support them, at the minute its just a waste of cash. After all we live in a so called democracy & less than one million against around 40million voters is always going to be a no win situation. We can show skill & accuracy alongside responsibility to assist our vote. The antis can show bleeding/dead people & nice furry animals shot through (even if it was a clean kill) & joe soap public will pull out their tissues & vote with the antis ! Such is the way of life in the 21st century Nanny State. It will all change come the revolution, I don't think so.

Bummer

Chris W.