Originally posted by Strike Team
Guns only reinforce a sense of insecurity in people who are already deeply insecure. Freud said something along the lines of "excessive fear of weapons is a sign of emotional and sexual insecurity". I do wonder whether this is at the root of a lot of the anti-gun nonsense. Certainly out of the people I know the one who is really venomously anti-shooting is also the one with the major insecurity issues.

Maybe we need to send all the anti-gun types for counselling. It's probably help them feel better about themselves and life too.
Thinking about that, you are probably right. I've never really thought about it before, but like you, I have noticed a correlation between general 'fear' and dislike of guns. The most anti gun/knife people that I know are the ones who are also very fearful of crime, the Government, small children loitering on street corners, etc. etc. etc.

It always makes me laugh when I hear people say that guns or knives make them physically sick, I can't imagine how the sight of an object could do that to you!

Alex