Thread: Feinwerkbau C602

Feinwerkbau C602

Hi I have the above rifle I dont know much about it at all. Its not been used for a long time it used to belong to my uncle and has been passed down to me, I have no idea if it works or how much its worth. ANy help on this
    www.nationalgamekeepers.org.uk
    "I love the smell of napalm in the morning"

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Try asking 'Garvin', he knows about these guns. As far as I know, there isn't a better self-contained air-rifle (ie not precharged), provided you don't want full power. FWB quality is very very 'Fein'!

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Try asking 'Garvin', he knows about these guns. As far as I know, there isn't a better self-contained air-rifle (ie not precharged), provided you don't want full power. FWB quality is very very 'Fein'!
    Thanks, well im not planning on using it I just dont have the time too.

Hi

Have you got any pictures as they might help get a response, I have certainly heard of the Feinwerkbau 602 but not a Feinwerkbau C602, if its a 602 then I think it is a single stroke pneumatic target air rifle. The price will depend on condition and of course if it works, however if it has not been used for a very long time then it will almost certainly need the seals replacing and a service from somebody like Surry Guns. send me some pictures by email and I will see what I can find out.

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Steadyeddy View Post
    Hi

Have you got any pictures as they might help get a response, I have certainly heard of the Feinwerkbau 602 but not a Feinwerkbau C602, if its a 602 then I think it is a single stroke pneumatic target air rifle. The price will depend on condition and of course if it works, however if it has not been used for a very long time then it will almost certainly need the seals replacing and a service from somebody like Surry Guns. send me some pictures by email and I will see what I can find out.

Graham
    The C stands for C02 as that is what powers it. I will try and get some pictures on tomorrow. Thanks AJ

Are you sure it is a C602, the C62 was the successor to the C60, a Co2 powered ten meter rifle, both are good quality rifles now out of fashion because of the problems? with Co2
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pig View Post
    Are you sure it is a C602, the C62 was the successor to the C60, a Co2 powered ten meter rifle, both are good quality rifles now out of fashion because of the problems? with Co2
    Peter
    I have had a closer look and it is the C60. I have been asking the rest of the family and I have been told that my uncle used the rifle in the disabled Olympics not sure how he got on though.

Lovely rifle but CO2 is not very popular these days in target shooting. Value wise it may be worth somewhere over £200 in very good working condition. A nice one with all accessories sold on egun last week for 300 euros.

Found this comment on the TargetTalk forum which may interest you:

"Glad to see I'm not the only dinosaur still shooting a C-60. I've had it since 1990, shoots far better than I ever will. CO2 has one big problem: You should not raise the barrel much more than 15 degrees above horizontal prior to a shot. If you do, liquid CO2 flows into the small chamber by the poppet valve. Pressure doesn't change, volume does. And so does point of impact. If you see a cloud of smoke (really dry ice) come out of the barrel after the shot, you have this problem. The C25 pistol solved it by mounting the cylinder vertically. A few others did the same, last gasp for CO2. Not practical for rifle. Running target shooters couldn't avoid the problem. CO2 got a bad reputation because of this.

The ancient technology has one big advantage over compressed air. Good to the last drop. When your CA gun is half full, it's empty. Ditto the scuba tank you fill it from. With CO2, you can shoot all the way down to really empty. You get the same number of shots from each fill. I get over 300 shots on a single fill.

CO2 might be a bit 'greener'. Takes less energy to compress it to 900 psi than the 2800 or so of a scuba tank, and you can use all of it. You do have to chill the air to extract the CO2, so it may cancel. As long as you get the gas directly from the atmosphere instead of making it by burning trees..."
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Lovely rifle but CO2 is not very popular these days in target shooting. Value wise it may be worth somewhere over £200 in very good working condition. A nice one with all accessories sold on egun last week for 300 euros.

Found this comment on the TargetTalk forum which may interest you:

"Glad to see I'm not the only dinosaur still shooting a C-60. I've had it since 1990, shoots far better than I ever will. CO2 has one big problem: You should not raise the barrel much more than 15 degrees above horizontal prior to a shot. If you do, liquid CO2 flows into the small chamber by the poppet valve. Pressure doesn't change, volume does. And so does point of impact. If you see a cloud of smoke (really dry ice) come out of the barrel after the shot, you have this problem. The C25 pistol solved it by mounting the cylinder vertically. A few others did the same, last gasp for CO2. Not practical for rifle. Running target shooters couldn't avoid the problem. CO2 got a bad reputation because of this.

The ancient technology has one big advantage over compressed air. Good to the last drop. When your CA gun is half full, it's empty. Ditto the scuba tank you fill it from. With CO2, you can shoot all the way down to really empty. You get the same number of shots from each fill. I get over 300 shots on a single fill.

CO2 might be a bit 'greener'. Takes less energy to compress it to 900 psi than the 2800 or so of a scuba tank, and you can use all of it. You do have to chill the air to extract the CO2, so it may cancel. As long as you get the gas directly from the atmosphere instead of making it by burning trees..."
    Well thanks for all tho info guys.