Thread: Micks guns

Micks guns

Hi all,
    I dont know if this of interest to anyone but i was browsing the net earlier and came across micks guns.He has some nice collectables on there and a couple of prototypes including a webley stingray sidelever prototype which has one of the longest barrel's i have ever seen.
    ATB
    Steve

keith66 is online now Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    He has the longest Quiff too!

Unfortunately Mick was raided a couple of years ago by the Met, spent 10 months in prison and walked from court a freeman without a conviction.

They took all his guns including antiques and airguns that didn't require a license, over 2 years on he still hasn't got them all back, of the ones he did get back a fair few were damaged. They did give him his RFD and FAC back, but still a lot of guns missing.

A couple of months ago the police finally pulled his RFD and FAC for reasons that I won't go into on a public forum, oh, also the Customs have slapped with a 6 figure vat bill.

All in all, he got pilloried good and proper.

I'm not sure what he's up to now, but try contacting him via his website, beacause as you say he has some interesting stuff.
    jon.skeeter@googlemail.com

If I die, please don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them!

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

Free/ Who you kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
    Unfortunately Mick was raided a couple of years ago by the Met, spent 10 months in prison and walked from court a freeman without a conviction.

They took all his guns including antiques and airguns that didn't require a license, over 2 years on he still hasn't got them all back, of the ones he did get back a fair few were damaged. They did give him his RFD and FAC back, but still a lot of guns missing.

A couple of months ago the police finally pulled his RFD and FAC for reasons that I won't go into on a public forum, oh, also the Customs have slapped with a 6 figure vat bill.

All in all, he got pilloried good and proper.

I'm not sure what he's up to now, but try contacting him via his website, beacause as you say he has some interesting stuff.
    That's the problem with getting one over on the authorities. They're never happy when they lose so, they then keep trying and trying 'til they get you for something.
    I can't comment on Mick's circumstances as I don't know the man or the facts pertaining to his case, but if someone somewhere in the police or other agency are gunning (pardon the pun) for you, eventually you will be hauled over the coals for something.
    I do remember Mick's original case appearing on the news, and the news reader saying, "cases of handguns were removed from the premises", the camera then cut to a glass fronted display cabinet of Webley air pistols, "and several assault rifles" as some plod put an old Armi Jager .22LR M16 lookalike onto a trolley with (i think) a Jackal air rifle. I remember thinking at the time that it was all a trumped up affair because nothing they showed on the screen was in the slightest bit illegal or even dodgy.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

He put up superb pics of the guns too - Museum quality stuff !

Don't just gas on about the man post a link to his website, like THIS

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post
    Don't just gas on about the man post a link to his website, like THIS
    Just gone though his airgun section.

Nice webley Vemon Excel take Down air rifle.

& rough looking Jackal. With a note saying
    Note: I am partly to blame for this type of air rifle experiencing something of a revival
    Strange I thought that was me
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Website

I remember this guy and another - the writer relating a trip to USA old collectibles ....written up in Gun Mart sopem few years back .

I do try and get on his website , but every time I do - takes forever to get uploaded ....I am on dial up but only occasionally have problems with websites . [ mind you my email is the real prob at mo . ]

If you can get on the site with success , its an absolute Hoot !
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Mick's quite a character. I've met him and bought from him, at his house.
    It's a real Aladdins cave of goodies and sports 'the worlds largest collection' of shooting related spoons!
    He may not be everyone's cup of tea but there's no denying he has been treated badly. If anything were to suggest to me the possibility of living in a Police state, then his treatment sums it up.
    It wouldn't suprise me in the least to hear that he's immigrated to the USA,
    assuming he's allowed in now that he has a 'criminal record'. The whole thing is a disgrace.

Dont bother, all those airguns are still unavailable. And will be for????time..
    ATB,
    yana

hi, i know mick and the circumstances surrounding his court case.when the law can be twisted by the likes of those running operation trident and turned into a staged media event to make the police look competant ,it makes my blood run cold.for an innocent man to be kept in belmarsh prison for nine months on charges that were farsical makes me very angry.rant over ,mick is a eccentric character but a very nice bloke very well respected in the antique gun trade. sorry if i have hijacked the thread a little ...greasemonkey

Mick is an old mate of mine from our schooldays, we also used to roar around on motorbikes many years ago

Yes hes a character and always has been, but hes as straight as a die, I look forward to him coming down to see me soon
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/