Thread: Daisy Co2 200 pistol, valuation please.

Daisy Co2 200 pistol, valuation please.

I have two of the above so I thought of selling the best one and keeping the scruffy one.
    http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q...=Daisy2001.jpg
    http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q...=Daisy2002.jpg

It has a box which is a bit of a mess, but has the instructions on the inside of the lid, lid is split at two corners, small label on the end is priced $27.95.
    I have tried this and was quite impressed, (though one of the neighbours was less than impressed with the noise when I put five shots rapid-fire through a beer can) it spits out BBs at a fair old speed.

The only thing I think lets it down a little is the rather heavy trigger pull, I suspect this is normal as my other one is just the same.
    It held gas for a few days, but after a week there was hardly any power left, is that normal, or would that be classed as a fault?

There is one vertical scratch on the left side between the Daisy logo and the slide grips, plus a few smallish paint chips, otherwise I think condition is pretty good.
    If it is worth me selling I can take some decent photos.

What would be a fair asking price chaps?
    Last edited by magicesperanto; 06-08-2009 at 01:14 AM.

Do I take the lack of response to mean its worth nowt, or that there are not many about?

daisy C02

The Blue book of airguns I have gives the Daisy as around $60 in mint condition, mind you this book is about 5 years old. I expect yours is worth around £25-30, if you are lucky.
    Good luck

PM'd you

atb
    Pete
    ULTIMATE KING RATTY ::.22 SMK QB78DL HYBRID::+QB78 D/L .25 Cal ::850 AIRMAGNUM::PISTOLS- :22 Cal Weihrauch HW80K Tactical::RAM 68 :-)

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    However it performs, the pistol is very pleasing to look at, a bit like the old Colt Woodsman .22 rimfire. I think it would be worth more than £30, surely?

My Blue Book is the 5th edition (2005) and gives $45 for a 100% condition gun which surprised me. Discontinued in 2002.

Anyway, I know you can't sell from a valuation but bear me in mind if you decide to let it go, my pistol collection is a bit like a home for waifs and strays.
    Last edited by lodmoor; 11-08-2009 at 03:10 PM. Reason: correct spelling
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

So $45 is just over £27, I would be VERY interested to know where I can buy a 100% example for that price in the UK.

Incidentally, how long is a Co2 gun expected to hold gas before it is considered to be in working condition?

I acquired these two about ten years ago, one scruffy and one not too bad, I had never even seen one before or since, let alone seen one on sale.
    Not saying its worth a fortune, but as Hsing pointed out, even just as a collectors curiosity……

By the way, I think Colt Woodsman was spot-on, tried one once, I much preferred my Ruger Mk 1 with bull-barrel, http://astorarms.ca/images/Restricte...el%20aaaaa.jpg those were the days.
    Last edited by magicesperanto; 12-08-2009 at 02:23 PM.

I agree with you, it is an American price for an American gun, one that is not particularly popular or, so it seems, sought after. There would not be many in the UK anyway, they used to be classed as a firearm remember.

Anyway if and when you decide please let me know as it is pretty.

Re holding gas, my one time involvement with gas pistols (just after the fiasco that cost us our handguns) involved a new one that would hold gas for weeks rather than days, however if the cartidge was left in eventually it all leaked away. Your 1 week to empty seems a bit quick and sounds like a leaking seal.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .