Thread: Valuation please, BSA club model underlever, 1937.

Valuation please, BSA club model underlever, 1937.

A neighbour has a .177 1937 club model BSA underlever. It has an overall light coating of rust patina (gone brown), with some heavy-ish pitting to the right hand side of the cylinder. The stock is sound, but has it`s fair share of dents, dinks and scratches. Can any collectors give an idea as to value please??? Thanks in advance, gambo.

Hi there,

Does the gun have a 'C' or 'CS' prefix to the serial number as that would make a difference to the price.

If it is the slightly more common 'CS' Club Standard No.4, which was 43.5" long, then around £90 - £120 in the condition you describe.
    If a 'C' prefix model, then maybe £110-£140 would be more the price.

However I stress that these approximate values are quoted 'sight unseen' and detailed photographs would be of great help in securing a more accurate valuation.

Lakey

Thanks Lakey, the serial No. is a "C" prefix. C1273 to be exact, stated in the hiller book as being made in 1937. The gun is in a good working condition, but exterior condition is as previously discribed. I have just seen the gun pictured in the "What`s it worth" thread started by Scrumpy, this gun is in similar condition to the one He pictures. hth, gareth.

now for sale

This is now for sale, as the neighbour has deceided to sell it. Anyone interested?? £125 plus post.

Gambo, just a quick heads-up mate, delete your last post and start a new thread to sell it, else the mods'll get the cane out!
    blah blah

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by gambo View Post

This is now for sale, as the neighbour has decided to sell it. Anyone interested?? £125 plus post.
    ... How hard can it be to read the rules. It is not as if the sticky in question has an ambiguous title even .

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372921

Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post

Gambo, just a quick heads-up mate, delete your last post and start a new thread to sell it, else the mods'll get the cane out!
    Saw gambo post as above, saw you post your reply, noted he logged off after you posted so had a chance to see it, went out hoping he'd sort it while I was out, came back and no change, but as this has since been reported, sorry, but rules are rules, and so that’s a weeks holiday for gambo (only the fifth such holiday issued since March however, so it does seem that most read the rules ).
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 26-08-2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: to ad the link.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Oh well, I tried...

Still, it gives it a week to generate some interest, then folk will be looking for the sales thread...
    blah blah

Oh well, I tried...

Still, it gives it a week to generate some interest, then folk will be looking for the sales thread...
    .... Exactly .

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks for the advice DCL dave, I was, unfortunatly, not quick enough to spot/correct my mistake!!! Thanks again for trying to help me out!!! atvb, Gareth.

Quote Originally Posted by gambo View Post

Thanks for the advice DCL dave, I was, unfortunatly, not quick enough to spot/correct my mistake!!! Thanks again for trying to help me out!!! atvb, Gareth.
    Welcome back gambo. My didn't that week just fly by . As far as I am concerned that is the end of it, and imo, your BBS reputation is intact . Regarding the following lift from my above post however, to clarify, this does not refer to gambo alone, as he has not had five bans, but instead refers to the BBS in general (gambo was the fifth to be banned for a week under this rule). Hope this clarifies things. Thread now locked to avoid protracted posting. Atb: G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

only the fifth such holiday issued since March however, so it does seem that most read the rules