Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .454 lead balls HOW MUCH!!!!!

World Championships

I was using an original percussion made in France in the early 1800s. Won it with a 97 (on groupsize). I also got a silver in the Repro flintlock (93 and lost it on number of 10s) and silver in original matchlock. I found an original pistol on a website in the States which had a 0.34 calibre and I threw the Gold away in Australia. They didn't score the card correctly but as I couldn't overtake the winner, I left it - it was won with an 80. A few weeks later, at the English Champioships, I set a British record and topped the World record (but it doesn't count) with an 88. Last weekend, in practice, it was 90 and 88 so it's looking good for the Europeans in Valencia next month.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    You sound like a real all-around BP pistol shooter, Nick, and a GREAT one all around! Do you shoot BP revolver also?

I'll bet you're an MLAGB member.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

All Round - I should say so!

Yes, I do belong to the MLAGB and my first international with the GB team was at Batesville in Indiana. A fantastic introduction to the cameraderie that BP shooters enjoy. As to revolver shooting, I took third in the repro revolver (Mariette) with a Pietta New Model Army. Top three all on same score and down to group size.

I shoot every competition type the MLAGB put on and recently acquired an original Remington which did a 98 in practice so these old guns still retain a startling degree of accuracy.

Having taken a break after our guns were confiscated after Dunblane, I was tempted back into shooting BP and found I still enjoyed the company and making a bit of wood and metal do what I wanted it to. After the ban, I (and many other shooters) went out and bought motorcycles - I think it was an attempt to redress the balance of public safety because I know they are in more danger from me on a bike than me with a gun! Having rejoined the shooting community, I find I have a collection of pistols that I wouldn't have dreamed of before the ban. My file at police headquarters must take up a whole shelf!

Thumbs up ball prices

at my club I paid £4 per 100 for .454 and ordered some .457 for Sunday quoted £5 per 100, cast not swaged and in a cardboard box not a fancy yellow plastic one
    but its cheap shooting, cheers Tezz