Thread: Crosman repair/renovation

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

Crosman repair/renovation

Is there a company/shop out there that can repair Crosman pistols? I have a Mod 1300 Medalist that I got for christmas in about 1976 or 77 that has seen better days. The threads for the grip screws have stripped, the grips have been replaced with a set I made in school as one of my CSE woodwork projects, and it is "in the white" after a misguided, youthful attempt at polishing it up to look "silver". The gun still shoots but not with any of it's former legendary power. The parts I'd need are a pair of grips, and a grip frame and I'm willing to have a stab at cold bluing it. The internals I'd prefer to leave to a professional, or at least a very clued up amateur.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Have a go yourself - its just like a bicycle pump

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Here for some spares.

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdispl...24332&cat=1300#

Lots of folk on here make grips etc, keep your eyes and your wallet open!!!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    Is there a company/shop out there that can repair Crosman pistols? I have a Mod 1300 Medalist that I got for christmas in about 1976 or 77 that has seen better days. The threads for the grip screws have stripped, the grips have been replaced with a set I made in school as one of my CSE woodwork projects, and it is "in the white" after a misguided, youthful attempt at polishing it up to look "silver". The gun still shoots but not with any of it's former legendary power. The parts I'd need are a pair of grips, and a grip frame and I'm willing to have a stab at cold bluing it. The internals I'd prefer to leave to a professional, or at least a very clued up amateur.
    Hi Harry

The gripframe screw holes can be rethreaded at a slightly larger size.

The grips are near enough unobtainable though.

All the seals in the valve are easy to get hold of as they are mainly O rings, the only internal part which is a problem is the pump head, but even these are obtainable from the States.

If the repairs are a bit beyond you I'd suggest you get in touch with BBS Member Lawrie Armatruda who I'm sure will be able to help you.

All the best Mick

I can vouch for Lawrie ... thoroughly decent chap who is fascinating to talk to and his charges are very reasonable.

Cheers, Phil

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    I can vouch for Lawrie ... thoroughly decent chap who is fascinating to talk to and his charges are very reasonable.

Cheers, Phil
    Yep, he recently sorted my Crosman 600 for me.

Good man to deal with, and he knows his stuff!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

Cheers

Thanks to all for the pointers. Will get in touch with Lawrie to see if he can fettle my pistol.
    I've had the gun since I was 11 years old. I got a Webley Hawk MkII for my birthday, and the Crosman for Christmas. That was a good year!
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post

I've had the gun since I was 11 years old. I got a Webley Hawk MkII for my birthday, and the Crosman for Christmas. That was a good year!
    I only received a Hawk MK 2 for Christmas when I was a kid :-- No Crosman.

Do you think I should phone Childline and report my Dad for cruelty?

All the best Mick

keith66 is online now Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    I got a Crossman 1300 for my birthday, my mate down the road got a bullworker, remember those? Guess which got the most use, the Crossman!