Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: weihrauch HW45 177 or 22 ?

BigEars Guest
    I have one in 0.22 and IMO (FWIW ) it shoots a lot smoother than the same pistol in 0.177

Quote Originally Posted by sensi5446 View Post
    That one nice looking 45 cheers for the help. Just waiting for one to come up, at around £260 new mine will have to be a second hander
    I've just bought a .22 off here for £85 and it is well worth the money. I did think about holding out for a .177, but .22 are seemingly more available.

Tazz

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    Hi, I've got an HW45 made in 1989. Originally marked 177. I have 177, 20 & 22 barrels.

HERE

The 22 is the softest to shoot.
    Grab whatever one you can get and buy another barrel later.

Good luck in your choice, Phil
    It might seem a silly question, but where do you buy barrels from, and are they easy to change over?

Tazz

Quote Originally Posted by Tazz070299 View Post
    I've just bought a .22 off here for £85 and it is well worth the money. I did think about holding out for a .177, but .22 are seemingly more available.

Tazz
    £85!! Thats a good catch mate!
    Beretta 92 FS Nickel, CP88 Nickel, S&W 6" 4", HW45, Modified Baikal IZH 61, Shinny Benjamin Sheridan E9A, Crosman 2240 ...

barrels

It might seem a silly question, but where do you buy barrels from, and are they easy to change over?

Tazz
    Hi Tazz

Try Chambers gunsmiths.
    They are pretty easy to swop over
    ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

Tazz
    I was thinking the same thing, so if someone could answer this it would be really helpful.
    Cheers
    Luke

Thanks John
    Last edited by sensi5446; 13-08-2009 at 08:50 PM. Reason: type to slow
    Beretta 92 FS Nickel, CP88 Nickel, S&W 6" 4", HW45, Modified Baikal IZH 61, Shinny Benjamin Sheridan E9A, Crosman 2240 ...

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do

Its very easy

They are very very easy to swap over it is just two small allen bolts it takes a couple of minutes at the most. I have however heard a few people who have had a devil of a job because the allen bolts have been done up to tight at the factory, they have made matters worse by trying to undo them by using the wrong size key and rounding off the fitting.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Tazz
    Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    Hi Tazz

Try Chambers gunsmiths.
    They are pretty easy to swop over
    ATB
    John
    Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    They are very very easy to swap over it is just two small allen bolts it takes a couple of minutes at the most. I have however heard a few people who have had a devil of a job because the allen bolts have been done up to tight at the factory, they have made matters worse by trying to undo them by using the wrong size key and rounding off the fitting.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    Hi, I bought my two spare barrels of this site, I think I paid 20 or 25 pound for them each. They are sometimes available new, but I had one on back order from HC for 3 months.

As said two minuet job to change over. The cross bar is all that holds it, two Allen screws. If you do take the screws out make sure the Allen keys fits 100% and when you refit apply a tiny amount of Copper Slip to the threads to stop them seizing up. Steel bolts into Alloy can sometime corrode and almost weld themselves together.

Good luck, Phil

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post

Kindest regards

Barrel
    Now just what kind of an idiot would do a thing like that.