Thread: Webley service revolver in B.P?

Webley service revolver in B.P?

As above really. Is there such a copy of a Webley service revolver in b.p?

Cheers.

Chris.
    Last edited by cinstone; 14-08-2009 at 10:20 PM.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

Quote Originally Posted by cinstone View Post
    As above really. Is there such a copy of a Webley service revolver in b.p?

Cheers.

Chris.
    Unfortunately not, why do you ask?
    The .455 versions can be held on section 7-1 or 7-3 if you have reason.
    For my sins they have never appealed to me very much (I think the .38 versions look better) I did however see a stunning cased .455 recently that I would loved to have bought.

Just an idea i'm thinging about. May go the B.P route and wanted something a little traditional, instead of a colt/remington.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Collts and Remingtons are pretty traditional. But I see what you mean: more traditionally English.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by mjohno View Post
    Unfortunately not, why do you ask?
    The .455 versions can be held on section 7-1 or 7-3 if you have reason.
    For my sins they have never appealed to me very much (I think the .38 versions look better) I did however see a stunning cased .455 recently that I would loved to have bought.
    I like the old Mk VI, and the .455 rimmed round outperformed the .45 ACP when tried out by the US Military in some tests in a abbatoir, inspite of its low MV which is barey more than a .22 airgun at 12 ft/lbs. Very heavy bullet though. The .38 was adopted because there wasn't sufficient time to train the large numbers of men needed to face the threat in Europe in the 30s.

I didn't know one could own one on the 'Heritage' FAC, thanks for that info.

You could always buy a genuine double-action cap-n-ball revolver such as an early Webley, a Tranter or a Beaumont-Adams then get it on your FAC to shoot it. But they go for high prices now and are not as affordable as they once were.

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    What you mean, methinks, is "Muzzle-Loading" not BP. The Mk1 Webley was a BP cartridge, but all models were breech loading.