Welcome to the first edition of the Rochdale AGC Quarterly newsletter!

As you well know, Rochdale AGC was formed in March by Joey Williams and Myself. So far it has taken some hard work to find a range facility and spread word of mouth to potential members. Word is finally starting to spread and the potential member base is growing, slowly but surely. In May, Joey and I managed to secure an indoor pipe range for use by the club, however due to the facility being previously neglected, extensive repairs were required, and as of yet, we have been unable to use it.

Whilst we are currently without facilities it may be of an interest to have a local meet, previously this had been attempted at the Kingsway Hotel, but poor attendance meant this went by the wayside. So with new found enthusiasm, I’ll put it to the members/potential members to decide, I am contactable on the admin@rochdaleagc.org.uk address or my mobile which most of you have, and Joey (Facilities Administrator) is contactable on the facilities@rochdaleagc.org.uk address, any member requiring a rochdaleagc.org.uk email address should contact myself in the first instance.

Over the last week or so we have been in talks with the local press (Rochdale Observer) about running an article on the club & members, and highlighting the requirement for a more permanent indoor/outdoor facility. I would like to arrange this so a good number of potential members can attend, and are able to back the cause for such a facility to be provided in the local area. Hopefully this will provide a little more impact than Joey and I “fronting it up”. I have also looked into the possibility of local authority grants, but until we are established this is only a glimmer of hope. For now we must rely on our small but growing ranks.

On a more administrative note, the club will require a secretary, and a range control officer, the latter must hold either NRA range qualifications or a military equivalent.

Thanks Guys for all the support, and the offers of help, without being too expectant, I must say that in the near future we may very well need that help. Here’s looking towards the success of a new club.

Darren Taylor
Club Administrator.