Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 oldies to value please.

4 oldies to value please.

Although I am up to speed on the value of early webley's, I am somewhat lacking when it comes to the MK3 and BSA models.

Very early B.S.A. No 8919 Straight stock 44'' long in .177 Now Sold

Early Webley MK3 No 11421 Ribbed stock (slight crack underneath) in.22

Later Webley MK3 No 45957 (a bit tatty) in .22

Meteor MK1 No T5625 in .22 with a spare .177 barrel. Now Sold

I have photo's of these but not the brains to attach them in this section. I will not sell off the back of this thread but if the estimated prices are HUGE I will start a Shiny new sales thread.

Thank you
    Last edited by Binners; 17-08-2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Now sold two

Photo's

Hi Peter, if you email the photo's to me I will host them for you if that would be any help..Dave...

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandshaky View Post
    Hi Peter, if you email the photo's to me I will host them for you if that would be any help..Dave...
    Thanks Dave. You youngsters know all the moves

Binners photo's

Hi Peter, thanks for the compliment " I think " Here's a link..

http://www.pbase.com/davecthomson/binners_guns

Hope it works ..ATB...Dave...

edbear2 Guest
    Nice trade mark stamp on the Beeza mate.........looks like "big Harry" was on the press that day.also the chequering looks super!

Do you sheet over them when it rains?????????

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Nice trade mark stamp on the Beeza mate.........looks like "big Harry" was on the press that day.also the chequering looks super!

Do you sheet over them when it rains?????????
    No sheets Matey... I was hoping to get one of those professional photographic stools like wot you got

Anyway what are they worth to the nearest £1000.

Meteor Mark 1

I paid £50 recently for a Mark 1 Meteor and £65 for one about 18 months ago which gives you an idea of pricing then and now! The extra barrel must add to the value.

Mike95

edbear2 Guest
    Good morning Peter......The BSA looks to be an early one to me, (ie. at the start of production when guns were allocated to either Lincoln Jeffries or BSA) The shape of the rearsight, the loading tap, and cocking handle without "side fences" all give this impression.....A serial number would be very helpful mate, as would any markings to the cylinder top / underlever.....Also has the front sight got it's top bead,....IMHO....Its got to be worth £150-170 at least mate, but Lakey is THE guy who will give you the best answer

P.S.....It really is worth spending 10 mins. to register with a photo hosting site.....Its free, and is basically the same as registering on here....email, user name and password......then all you do is click on "upload photos".....choose the one you want from your desktop...that's it!......if you want to post a link, you just copy and paste the address onto here. If you want to, you can upgrade to "pro" which lets you put thousands of pictures (and video) on.......quite handy if you (like me) take zillions of photos, and dont want to clog up your own hard drive space...In fact I am playing with doing some vintage shooting videos...will post links when sorted out!.......It's no harder than say, emailing photos of pellet tins!!!
    Last edited by edbear2; 15-08-2009 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Good morning Peter......The BSA looks to be an early one to me, (ie. at the start of production when guns were allocated to either Lincoln Jeffries or BSA) The shape of the rearsight, the loading tap, and cocking handle without "side fences" all give this impression.....A serial number would be very helpful mate, as would any markings to the cylinder top / underlever.....Also has the front sight got it's top bead,....IMHO....Its got to be worth £150-170 at least mate, but Lakey is THE guy who will give you the best answer

P.S.....It really is worth spending 10 mins. to register with a photo hosting site.....Its free, and is basically the same as registering on here....email, user name and password......then all you do is click on "upload photos".....choose the one you want from your desktop...that's it!......if you want to post a link, you just copy and paste the address onto here. If you want to, you can upgrade to "pro" which lets you put thousands of pictures (and video) on.......quite handy if you (like me) take zillions of photos, and dont want to clog up your own hard drive space...In fact I am playing with doing some vintage shooting videos...will post links when sorted out!.......It's no harder than say, emailing photos of pellet tins!!!
    Thanks for the valuation and advice Eddie, I did include the serial number of all the rifles but as you missed it, it is 8919.
    Light pattern rifles are fetching £150 so I take it this is worth that little bit more even though it has a straight stock.
    The bead on the end sight is missing and from memory the writing goes THE BSA AIR RIFLE---Lincoln jeffries Patt or summat like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike95 View Post
    I paid £50 recently for a Mark 1 Meteor and £65 for one about 18 months ago which gives you an idea of pricing then and now! The extra barrel must add to the value.

Mike95
    Thanks Mike

Any takers as to the MK3 valuations before I take em down the carboot

Thumbs up

Although not interested personally,

after asking on BBS for valuations
    wouldn't it seem more correct to offer them for sale on here to interested parties BEFORE going to
    "car boot"?

just my tuppence worth

atb
    Pete
    ULTIMATE KING RATTY ::.22 SMK QB78DL HYBRID::+QB78 D/L .25 Cal ::850 AIRMAGNUM::PISTOLS- :22 Cal Weihrauch HW80K Tactical::RAM 68 :-)

Me thinks he's jesting Pete.....

I'm sure Binners WILL start a seperate sales thread or sell them privately once he has a good idea of their individual values....
    Last edited by hwvixen; 16-08-2009 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Speling....

Webley Mark 3

I currently have 5 of these from the 2nd variation upwards. I have paid as little as £100 and as much as £165 for a minty .177 with the foresight hood.
    Last purchase was a late model .177 in 90% condition..A8270 and I paid £150 for this early this year. Beautiful stock on this one.
    I understand from older posts that the Mark 3 in .177 is harder to come by than the target model...but I could not be sure of this.

Hope this helps.

Mike95

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PALADIN View Post
    Although not interested personally,

after asking on BBS for valuations
    wouldn't it seem more correct to offer them for sale on here to interested parties BEFORE going to
    "car boot"?

just my tuppence worth

atb
    Pete
    CARBOOT........Normally he just throws them if the Basingstoke canal if he gets the hump, at least this way someone else may get a bargain...Will it be the big'un (carboot)on the A3 Pete......I will be down early next sunday!!!