Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multi stroke pneumatics: legal for 6 yards?

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Multi stroke pneumatics: legal for 6 yards?

Would a multi stroke pneumatic pistol, like the Sheridan EB17 or EB22, be legal in our UBC comps in the SSP category?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Sure, if you only pump it once its an SSP

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Good point, Tony!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Question Ssp

SSP COULD be read as Several Stroke Pneumatic

Snag here is that we already have Spring, Single Stroke Pneumatic, Pre-charged and CO2 so we are looking at another category here.

Then again, why not?

Target Bunny
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Quote Originally Posted by Target Bunny View Post

Snag here is that we already have Spring, Single Stroke Pneumatic, Pre-charged and CO2 so we are looking at another category here.

Then again, why not?

Target Bunny

Coz I aint doing another sodding template for the award!

UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Why not just extend SSP to all non-precharged pneumatics? There's no advantage in a multi-stroke over a single stroke for the 6 yd comp.

We could call the class MSSP (multi-single stroke pneumatic) or SCP (self-contained pneumatics).

Or we could go with Tony's idea, and they're only legal with one pump in them Pfft ... ting!
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Sheridan EB17 or EB22
    These are CO2 pistols, not multi pump, i take it you are on about the Crossman 1377 / 1322.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Or we could go with Tony's idea, and they're only legal with one pump in them Pfft ... ting!
    Would you suggest a horizontal target & a mortar style base to shoot from for this event, perhaps with a spotter on a nearby hill?
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post
    These are CO2 pistols, not multi pump, i take it you are on about the Crossman 1377 / 1322.
    Yer right: I was thinking about some other Sheridans: HB, is it?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Target Bunny View Post

Then again, why not?

Target Bunny
    No, I was thinking of whether they'd be legal IN the SSP category, not of creating a new category!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Yer right: I was thinking about some other Sheridans: HB, is it?

Jim
    HB it is .......http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/trigshoo.jpg

That's the one, Porky, and a mighty pretty rig you have there!

Jim

Chewy is offline Can't believe i missed this last night...
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Why not just extend SSP to all non-precharged pneumatics? There's no advantage in a multi-stroke over a single stroke for the 6 yd comp.

We could call the class MSSP (multi-single stroke pneumatic) or SCP (self-contained pneumatics).

I'll admit i haven't shot in any of the competitions yet (still have to set up my 6 yard range, probably in the loft), but this sounds reasonable.

To be honest, i'm not sure why the SSP's, PCP's and CO2's have seperate categories. I would have thought a recoiling and recoilless category would have covered pretty much everything, maybe with each category split into a 2 sub categories for open sights and optical sights. As i say, i'm new to the competition side of pistol shooting, and i'm happy to be corrected here.
    Weihrauch HW99S .177 - Pardini P10 - Crosman 2240 - Beeman P17 .177 - Umarex Beretta PX4 Storm .177 - Umarex Beretta 92FS .177

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

To be honest, i'm not sure why the SSP's, PCP's and CO2's have seperate categories. I would have thought a recoiling and recoilless category would have covered pretty much everything, maybe with each category split into a 2 sub categories for open sights and optical sights.
    Chewy has a good idea there, Mr. Template Maker Paddy. Though personally, I prefer we stick with the present 4 separate categories.

Jim

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    I'd just let multipumps in with the SSP category.
    I'd keep PCP's where they are as they can cost about 8 times as much as a SSP, and would expect them to have a performance advantage because of the more expensive engineering, sights etc.

I know it's shooting skill as well, but there's a reason you don't see cheap SSP's at the Olympics