Thread: Another what's it worth please?

Another what's it worth please?

Picked up from a car boot, on the barrel of an old Diana 25 or 27. An Air Logic "The Whisperer" silencer made for .22 It unscrews into 2 pieces. Not really heard of these before so I'm presuming it's a vintage one.

It's a little scuffed, with a few patches of green spray where someone obviously had cammoed the gun it was attached to.

From the pics, here and here any of the resident experts care to hazard a guess as to what's a fair price for it?

Many thanks.

PS: This is a valuation thread chaps.

These were sold in their hundreds in the 80's and so there are plenty about. Unless mint then worth not much £10. However, still not a bad moderator so worth sprucing up and definitely not for the bin. If someone knows which rifle your is for and has a home for it then they might pay a tad more.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi Steve. I bought an as good as new one off Dave (DM80) for my Omega, Christmas 2007, for £25 posted -- and mine is more of an intricate item, as has a longer, slimmer, barrel-clamping end than yours, with a cut-out rectangular hole to enable the open front sight to still be fitted . Reckon the one you have there, in that condition, is worth maybe a tenner posted tops my old friend. Hope this helps . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hi Steve. I bought an as good as new one off Dave (DM80) for my Omega, Christmas 2007, for £25 posted -- and mine is more of an intricate item, as has a longer, slimmer, barrel-clamping end than yours, with a cut-out rectangular hole to enable the open front sight to still be fitted . Reckon the one you have there, in that condition, is worth maybe a tenner posted tops my old friend. Hope this helps . Atb: G.
    I'd assumed that was what the cut out rectangular hole in mine was for.

Thanks for the advice chaps. Quick and top drawer as always.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post
    I'd assumed that was what the cut out rectangular hole in mine was for.
    ... Doh! Damn them eyes . Sorry Steve, must've had a blonde moment, but didn't see the slot on yours first time round.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Doh! Damn them eyes . Sorry Bro, must've been having a blonde moment, but didn't see the slot on yours first time round ...
    The pic was a bit on the dark side.