Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saxy & Palmet cartridge air pistol/revolver

IronGiant Guest

Saxy & Palmet cartridge air pistol/revolver

I have an old (but functional) Saxby and Palmer .177 air pistol. It's a revolver that takes six compressed air cartridges (0.38 SAC Servo) that are compressed with a manual hand pump (which I still have somewhere along with some extra cartridges).

Is this worth anything?

Also, where is the best place to sell it? I don't think allow the sale of air weapons do they?

Edit: oops, just reading around and I see that, and I quote:

"Owners of airguns that use self contained air cartridges (Brocock / Uberti / Saxby and Palmer / Crown) have to apply for a FireArms Certificate (£50) before 30 April 2004. Failure to do so could result in a mandatory five-year prison sentence under the Criminal Justice Act 2003."

I hadn't realised this. To be honest I haven't used the pistol for years (and have no intention of using it either, hence my sales related query). So what do I do now - get rid of it ASAP?

Cheers
    IG
    Last edited by IronGiant; 03-09-2004 at 09:08 PM.

I think you will find its now illegal to own, your only option is hand it in to the police S.A.P.
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Some bad news mate...

It's illegal to own without an FAC (as of May this year ?), illegal to sell, etc. etc.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

IronGiant Guest
    Thanks all - I feel a trip to my local police station coming on.

I assume that I won't be asked any 'awkward' questions? I mean, I honestly didn't know about the new law and had forgotten that I even had the thing.

Alternatively, could I not sell it to someone who DOES have a licence?

Cheers
    IG

Although you can still sell the cartridges and pump etc, i recomend you take off all non crucial parts(grips and anything else that can be removed, but not the cylinder[the bit that holds the cartridges].) as someone may want these for spares.
    Other than that i suggest you take an angle grider to it or your looking at 5 years in the nick.
    Edit:just saw your last post: you cannot sell them to ANYONE, regardless of whether they have a license, as of May you cannot buy, sell, be given etc and you have to send to a special place to be repaired if that is needed. You can only hope your local cop shop is understanding, as technicaly they cant accept it and are well within their rihts to arrest you if you try to hand this in and there isnt an arms ammnesty on. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Whippet.22; 03-09-2004 at 09:16 PM.

The Drifter Guest

IG

You've a pm mate!

The Drifter.

I agree, remove the bits for spares and cut the rest up - wouldn't hand it in - just your luck you'll get some over-zelous knob
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

IronGiant Guest
    Originally posted by Whippet.22
    Although you can still sell the cartridges and pump etc, i recomend you take off all non crucial parts(grips and anything else that can be removed, but not the cylinder[the bit that holds the cartridges].) as someone may want these for spares.
    Other than that i suggest you take an angle grider to it or your looking at 5 years in the nick.
    I'll get the saw out tomorrow then and lop the barrel off.

What do I do then - take the parts down to the police or is it now okay to keep it seeing as it would be unusable?

Cheers,
    IG

Saw it up and bury it in the garden / dump it - why hand in some pieces of metal ?

Such a shame, I have the exact same gun (on my FAC) - what a waste

Originally posted by IronGiant
    Thanks all - I feel a trip to my local police station coming on.

I assume that I won't be asked any 'awkward' questions? I mean, I honestly didn't know about the new law and had forgotten that I even had the thing.

Alternatively, could I not sell it to someone who DOES have a licence?

Cheers
    IG
    For your info..
    web site

Regards
    Barry
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

best bet is to saw it up as most have said, taking it to the police could result in you being behind bars for 5 years

IronGiant Guest
    Originally posted by airgunner2388
    For your info..
    web site

Regards
    Barry
    Ta for that. I'll definitely be breaking it up tomorrow!

IG

IronGiant Guest
    Originally posted by welsh shooter
    best bet is to saw it up as most have said, taking it to the police could result in you being behind bars for 5 years
    I've already partly dismantled it, it's saw time tomorrow.

So if the police ever come across it in a 'wrecked' state I assume they're not going to be able to 'do' anything?

loiner1965 Guest

Smile

good advice given.....make it unuseble and dump it.......can i buy the cartriges....

IronGiant Guest
    Well, to anyone that's interested, the deed is now done. Managed to find my saw and thought best get it out of the way, so the pistol is now only useful as scrap metal. Shame really.

Cheers for all the advice - I'm glad I've managed to avoid the nick.

IG