Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: U.B.C Third Meet October 24 2009

A great big thank you to all concerned in the planning, organisation and execution of one of the most fun days of the year.

Thoroughly enjoyed myself, really must get a pistol for Matt to practise with!

His trophies and badges are resplendent at my place, and he's recovered enough to go off to a party, so I expect he'll post here tomorrow when he finally surfaces again.

Nice to see so many familiar faces, and to meet a few new ones.
    Especially good to put names to faces a bit more.

Thanks once again for a cracking day.

Richard.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Thank you Paul, Garry & Richard.

Today turned out really well, just seemed to flow. Even though the weather was rather wet, I don't think it dampened our spirits.

Like to say thank you to Nick (Magicniner) for taking on the Pulley system for the target holder. It made the shoot safer & better flowing.

Thanks to Mike for again staging the IPAS shoot.

Mrs MikeB for having theTarget Holders ready for the shooters. Once again that helped with the flow

Thanks to the U.B.C Committee Jason, Jim,Mike, Tony for helping out today

Thanks to all at the Greyhound for letting us have ALL of there plinking range to our selves

Thanks to Brian who represented Webley & bringing down the new Alecto pistols

Thanks to everyone who turned up, helped & there nice comments

& to my family Helen, Sloan, Sinead & Sapphire, for doing the food, admin & just being there.

There is already talk of the next one & what we can do next

I'll definetly have my Speed Memory Shoot Competition there next time & thanks for the good feedback from it as it was the first time I ever used it.

Sorry for sound like an oscar speech, just giving credit where's credits due.

Kind regards
    Paddy.
    Last edited by Pad. E; 24-10-2009 at 09:50 PM.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

It was wonderful to meet you all in person I had the most fantastic time.

Huge thanks to everyone who let me try their pistols It was good that I finally learned what my pistol was meant for and actually really enjoyed shoot it.

Big hugs for Helen and the kids for all their hard work. Nick for his ingenuity with the target pulley system and morning waffles. Paddy - loved your memory shooting. Mike - your ding dong thingy was great fun. Mark - for his cooker - mmmmm morning coffee and fry up today.

Brian from Webley - please can I have 0000069 and can you pass on my thanks to all at Webley for letting us have a go with the pistols and rifle. I'll be phoning you on 30 Nov

Oh and one more thing.....

Did anyone happen to notice that I came 2nd in the PCP and beat Cookie with his own LP10

Thank you to everyone for making it such a great weekend
    I am a Lady
    AA S200 Mk3, Walther CP99, Soon to own a Webley Alecto

BeerJam is offline Loser of the 2011 'Barn Door Trophy'.
    Headley, Hampshire (behind the graveyard!)
    That was a great day, thank you to all the organisers, contributors & helpers

The array of pistols to see and try was, quite frankly, overwhelming

All of the competitions were good fun, IPAS and Paddy's memory shoot suited me and my pistol best, but I enjoyed it all and will be back for the next one.

The company was fantastic and, despite a bit of rain, the camping was good too.

See you all again next time

Cheers, Mark
    Proud to be a member of; MVAC and Countryside Alliance
    "...... I'm good with the science, but rubbish with the gun "

Organisation

I want to say a big THANK YOU to Helen for organising this and letting Paddy take the credit.

Target Bunny
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Quote Originally Posted by Target Bunny View Post
    I want to say a big THANK YOU to Helen for organising this and letting Paddy take the credit.

Target Bunny
    Cheeky git

Anyway it was a joint effort, Helen controled the food, I put the right person to the job in hand . It's all about delegation my good friend
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Glad everyone enjoyed. Wish we could have been there. But we will be there again, some day.

Jim and Jan
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

firstly i feel i must extend my apologies for not being there,i had other business which was sadly unavoidable....computer troubles

i hope everyone had a great day despite the terrible weather,next time i'll have a pistol..hopefully

A big thank you to everyone who helped pull this together but especially to the Egan family for food and organisation and to Nick (magicniner) for the superb target pulleys which worked flawlessly.

Cheryl and I had a great time once more. Cheryl's improved a lot with her aim for someone who hasn't picked up a gun since the last meet!
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    id just like to add my thanks to everyone involved in making it such a great day.

i think Ive become addicted to that i pas thingge after trying it out there for the first time, ill be around b&q soon to get some wooden posts and what not

cant wait for the next one, ill be there, no question about it.
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Well what can i say, our 3rd meet was another amazing success, they really do get better with each one.

I would like to thank everyone who turned up and made it a fantastic day.

With special thanks to the one and only Paddy for organizing another wonderful event, to his lovely wife Helen for the great spread she put out and for the Wonderful Cake she had made to celebrate our 3rd Meet, and not forgetting Sloan, Sinead and my own little cuddle monster for the day Sapphire for all their help.

Nick a big thanks to you fella for the new target range and pulley system, it was a really god send on the day and stopped Paddy and myself getting wet changing targets

Another thanks to Mike Ewok for bring along his IPAS kit along, as always this drew a big crowd.

Thanks to Brian for coming along with the New Webley Alecto Pistols and rifles, These new pistols are great, they tick all the right boxes, i'm sure we will put up a separate post on these new pistols so the guy's and gays can post there views. Brian i would love to see some more of your work fella

Not forgetting Mark for making it possible for us to have a video chat with our friends Jim & Jan in New Orleans.

And my final Thanks goes to Dave for being good enough to let us use the Greyhound Club for our event again.

It really was a great day despite the rain, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and as always there were a lot of smiles on faces. it was really good to see a lot of new faces, and if i never got a chance to have a chat and welcome you I'm sorry.

And for those of you that didn't know i was beaten by Clare with my own pistol. Congratulations Clare i'm really please coaching helped you come away with an award, even if it was with my pistol.
    Last edited by cookie; 26-10-2009 at 10:39 AM.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    id just like to add my thanks to everyone involved in making it such a great day.

cant wait for the next one, ill be there, no question about it.
    Glad you had a good day Sol, thanks for making the effort to join us, we look forward to seeing you at the next one fella.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Just like to add my thanks to Paddy and family, Nick and Ewok for all their efforts, I didn't stop grinning till Sunday lunchtime apparently.
    Let's also not forget Cookie, who started all this off in the first place by forming the UBC, nice one Jason.
    Can't wait til the next one.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Has anyone put any photos up yet? The few I took were on film, I'm afraid.

Thumbs up 3rd meet

Even though i could'nt attend, i to feel the need to thank those who organised the meet so much praise in all the threads its truly amazing how people still give up their time for others, Paddy & ALL who already put in lot of time to run the comps & the club in general, then organise the meets,
    and to recieve further help from family members Welldone everyone.mike.