Thread: UK Springer @ QUARRY results

UK Springer @ QUARRY results

What a great course the Quarry lads provided today with some of the best targets I`ve ever seen. The wind was definately in evidence , but nowhere near as bad as it can be, which was very fortunate for the team of Darren and Sparky trying to hit anything with a gun that was 8 clicks out .I think you should zero all Sparky`s guns in the future Darren.
    Colin took the .177 Springer trophy today with a well earned 54 after his recent surgery (even if it was only keyhole stuff ).

.177 Springer

Colin Matthews.......54...1st
    Andy Yates...52...2nd
    Simon Vant...49...3rd
    Guy Gillies....49
    Toby Lee.....47
    Levi Hawthorn.......47
    Darren Lindsey......46
    Paul Chapman.......43
    Steve Gillies..43
    Leigh Osland.........43
    Jonathan Hurwitt...42
    Andrew Underwood........41...Junior
    Pete Sparkes........38
    Danny Rand.........35

.22 Springer

Mark Sherlock......41...1st
    Anne Russell.......34...2nd

PCP

Mark Wall...57...1st
    Geoff Ryder........53...2nd
    Gareth James......53...3rd
    Chris Coombes.....53
    Dave Lillywhite.....50
    Chris Sutcliffe......48
    Derick Stone.......47
    Peter Underwood.........44
    Jaron Lloyd........44
    Stephen James...44...Junior
    Phil Johnson.......44
    David Storey......43
    Jason Harris.......42
    Daryll Rees........40
    B??? Rand.........38
    Debra Colkett.....34...Ladies

Again thanks to Quarry for having us ,and to all who took part. I hope you all got home safely as I know some of you were travelling quite a distance.

Andy
    Last edited by freewind; 16-08-2009 at 07:29 PM.
    A wise man has something to say, a fool has to say something.

Quarry

Just like to say a big "Thank You" to everyone involved in todays shoot. I really enjoyed myself on what was a very tricky course The setting was great and my shooting partner really friendly ( even if he was responsible for making some of the evilist targets I've seen) so cheers Leigh. The weather wasn't too bad either Thanks again.

Cheers

Mark

4 pellets still unaccounted for.... *ahem*

Absolutely stonking course as Mark says! I clearly need to practice far more shots of milkbottle tops on top of telegraph poles in a crosswind...
    The scenery was just stunning with the lovely valley views (I'm from Cambridge remember... the biggest hill for miles here are the speed bumps from the new traffic calming initiative). I'll freely admit that wind had me completely befuddled. A billowing string to the target and the grasses waving about, yet if you gave it wind it hit... exactly where you aimed.
    I'll try and find an evening class in NVQ level 1 Rangefinding before the next round too... I'm struggling to tell the difference between the ones that are really small and the ones that are really far away.....

Thanks to all at Quarry for hosting the round.

quarry

thanks to all the lads at quarry, very good course.had a top weekend,think i will have to try another one.

atb
    levi
    AA pro sport .177 walnut mtc viper 10x44/TX200HC .177 v-mach walnut 3200 elite 10x40/ bsa r10 .177 falcon menace 10x42/
    brocock aimx grand prix .177 rhino 2x32/gamo compact

CEFN COED,MERTHYR TYDFIL,MID GLAMORGAN, CF48 2NL
    nice shooting with you and paul today levi-glad you enjoyed it

cheers

mark
    whisper l96a1
    WHFTA WORLD CHAMPION 2010
    AIR ARMS MPR. GINB No. 7 Field Target Stock, Leupold MK4, 3.5-10 x 40, LRT, FF

Quote Originally Posted by batfink View Post
    Absolutely stonking course as Mark says! I clearly need to practice far more shots of milkbottle tops on top of telegraph poles in a crosswind...
    The scenery was just stunning with the lovely valley views (I'm from Cambridge remember... the biggest hill for miles here are the speed bumps from the new traffic calming initiative). I'll freely admit that wind had me completely befuddled. A billowing string to the target and the grasses waving about, yet if you gave it wind it hit... exactly where you aimed.
    I'll try and find an evening class in NVQ level 1 Rangefinding before the next round too... I'm struggling to tell the difference between the ones that are really small and the ones that are really far away.....

Thanks to all at Quarry for hosting the round.
    If you think that was tough I'm reliably informed that the UKAHFT round in Sept will be even more challenging
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Quote Originally Posted by jagxkrs View Post
    If you think that was tough I'm reliably informed that the UKAHFT round in Sept will be even more challenging
    .......which is why I won't be using a 32 year old .22 springer for it.