Thread: breaking webley mk3

breaking webley mk3

breaking webley mk3 ,,22cal for spares ,loading tap lever/scope rail missing stock is nice no dings/dents,just normal wear marks and it still has the medallion in place
    what would a fair price be to ask for the various parts please?
    thanks
    in advance
    rgds scirroco

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3635627...=1250510504359

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3635627...n/photostream/

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Is this rifle still in working order? Depending on price and bearing in mind the price of any repairs I may have to cary out, I may be interested in buying the complete gun.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

the riflr is in very good overhaul condition apart from stated faults,but i think i would rather break this one and put the few extra quid towards my pension fund
    rgds scirroco

Quote Originally Posted by scirroco View Post
    the riflr is in very good overhaul condition apart from stated faults,but i think i would rather break this one and put the few extra quid towards my pension fund
    rgds scirroco
    What a crazy world ! A MK 3 is now worth more in bits than complete. I have 2 on here at what I and a few others think little dosh.
    If it didn't break my heart I would get the tools out too.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    What a crazy world ! A MK 3 is now worth more in bits than complete. I have 2 on here at what I and a few others think little dosh.
    Good luck.
    i dont like to break them, i think sometimes its good, especially if it can help several more people,get the parts they want,and keep several more classics alive
    rgds scirroco

Hi scirroco

You have PM re rear sight.

Barry

edbear2 Guest
    i dont like to break them, i think sometimes its good, especially if it can help several more people,get the parts they want,and keep several more classics alive
    rgds scirroco
    Same here......but I have done in the past, normally if there is major damage, if the rust/pitting on the cylinder and barrel is too deep to polish out without removing all the engraving etc.....I have had a couple of prewar BSA's like this...the pitting was half the depth of the wall thickness......But one guy was over the moon to get a set of original sights, another the stock, (which was in good condition).....I think just one gun I broke helped out 6 people in the end.....I like to think of it like being an organ doner....it will live on, but in several different homes

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Good luck.
    I agree with you entirely ! However i do feel that the day of " Collectibles " is nigh,
    Lets look at a couple, I had for sale a Bsa buccaneer, I was offered £110+ post,
    Barrel ( Very rare ) you will never get another £30 ( not drilled for sights & will fit no other rifle )
    Action with spring & piston Etc ( Says buccaneer on it ) £30
    Stock, brown you will never see another, £50
    trigger unit working Buccaneer.Scorpion £25
    Open sights, The pair £35 + ( I have sold Bsa rear sights for £30 + post ) on that " Bay " thing . And yet members go to Chambers & pay extortianate prices for simple things, Why !! because they get them.

I also have a shooting Webley Mk 111,And was going to break, ( I have seen a rear sight go for £34 + post on the bay.)
    Also another nice one, but I ask whats it worth, £130 ?Its the same with a number of guns, I had for sale a number of stocks, Meteor/Tornado ? the other Relum/Vulcan All at £20 posted, !
    I think you get to the point of " Its not worth the effort " Packing posting etc & for what £15,

I have many spares, Actions 2 Innova,s/ Webley Falcon /3 Relums/ sights for Sharp/Bsa/Webley/Original Sheridan Etc etc, but what are they worth !
    As an " Example " I have a Webley Falcon action, complete with open sights, Advertised for £20 ! ( I still have it )
    If I want to sell anything now, They allways sell on the Bay,!
    I think the day of collectibles is over,I think this generation want them, just look at the prices they are selling for !
    Ha ha, I needed a good rant ! I am not trying to sell anything here, They can stay in the lockup forever, What do you think. ged.

hi ged
    the bay maybe the place to go but for me its a last resort

barryeye thanks for the pm,will let you know in due course
    thanks for your help guys
    what price would anyone put on the stock??its very nice with the webley medallion still there just normal wear/tear no dings or gouges?
    rgds scirroco

hi ged
    the bay maybe the place to go but for me its a last resort

barryeye thanks for the pm,will let you know in due course
    thanks for your help guys
    what price would anyone put on the stock??its very nice with the webley medallion still there just normal wear/tear no dings or gouges?
    rgds scirroco
    Hiya mate, I do agree with you, But If you want to sell them ?
    I see the stock, but around £30=£35 ish + post. Cheers,

Talking Breaking webley mk3

Hi there,
    This may be a long shot, Ha ha; but do you still have the webley mk3 stock for sale.
    Kev.