Thread: Gorgeous fwb sport stocks

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Gorgeous fwb sport stocks

Anyone own a Feinwerkbau Sport? Well, sell your children and buy one of these -

http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/...83/7244208.htm

Isn't it loverrly? Drooooooool droooool! Six hundred quid though!

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Lovely bits of wood indeed, i like the Dean smith & grace lathe as well!

£600 !

Thats increased the re-sale value of my own Beeman Sports

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Absolutely beautiful. Drool drool drool!:

Is the dog cheaper?

ATVB
    David

I'm not keen on that 1970s ARH pattern myself. It has a deep beavertail (?) type forend which stops well short of the breech and tapers back up towards the trigger guard. I much prefer the graceful UK Mastersport design which has a long straight forend and covers the breech completely, more like the Weihrauchs. I.J.'s "Queen Bee" by Beeman also has a lovely shaped stock which looks a bit closer to the FWB design of forend but more "shotgun-style" around the pistol grip.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    if you want to see a nice stock on a sport look no further than I.J.s
    or any mastersport that big dod of wood spoils the lines of what is a sexy looking rifle

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    if you want to see a nice stock on a sport look no further than I.J.s
    or any mastersport that big dod of wood spoils the lines of what is a sexy looking rifle

Well, maybe it is a bit of a hefty lump, but I bet it makes it easier to shoot and the actual wood is beautiful.

Anyway, that's nothing, you would detonate on hearing my plans for a furnishing a FWB action I have just acquired.... ... its at the other end of the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Well, maybe it is a bit of a hefty lump, but I bet it makes it easier to shoot and the actual wood is beautiful.

Anyway, that's nothing, you would detonate on hearing my plans for a furnishing a FWB action I have just acquired.... ... its at the other end of the market.
    go on then, spill it all
    Ginb AA Prosport 0.177, Ginb FT V-Glide Hw77k 0.177, CS 500 V-Glide Hw80 0.22, Steyr LG 110 0.177, Gamo Compact 0.177, Hw45 0.177, Beretta 682X Trap 12b, Beretta 682 Sporter 12b, WH Pollard hammer 12b

Quote Originally Posted by hamiclar01 View Post
    go on then, spill it all
    Well, I have a vague memory of a re-stocked FWB Sport Mk 1 (they had the thin pistol grip, and I think they used to split) in AGW, and it had been placed in a BSA Meteor stock! So thats my plan, soon as I get home and make the measurements.... I reckon with an M4 pistol-grip, some Plastic Padding and a can of black spray-paint plus elbow-grease I could have a luveryly Frankenbau Meteor!

Well, I have a vague memory of a re-stocked FWB Sport Mk 1 (they had the thin pistol grip, and I think they used to split) in AGW, and it had been placed in a BSA Meteor stock! So thats my plan, soon as I get home and make the measurements.... I reckon with an M4 pistol-grip, some Plastic Padding and a can of black spray-paint plus elbow-grease I could have a luveryly Frankenbau Meteor!
    cant believe you said that
    when you posted about changing the stock i had a look round my room / i have a MK1 meteor i am rebuilding for someone and i thought THATS THE ONLY STOCK THAT WOULD LOOK GOOD ON A SPORT
    how spooky is that

just checked the meteor cylinder is 29.6 od and the FWB cylinder has an od of32.8 so its just over 3mm bigger / dont think it will fit without quite a bit of sanding
    an OMEGA stock on the other hand looks made for the job
    or a beeman c1 stock if you want to be different
    HW VIXEN has one of each for sale (mint) or did have last week

an OMEGA stock on the other hand looks made for the job
    Thats a useful bit of info but it shouldn't surprise me. A FWB Sport and an Anschutz 335 were both in the Wallis & Wallis auction a few years ago when several Webley prototypes were sold. The Omega barrel catch looks remarkably like the '335s catch.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Mallyally, thanks for the measuring info, it is interesting because those measurements sounds like the BSA Lighting stock, or Supersport stock will fit. It would be cool if a BSA Supersport 'Tactical' stock could be made to fit, no? I am on the trail of an original FWB stock at the moment, but it looks like it will be too dear. Decisions decisions... I think the Omega stock sounds nice, but it should go on an Omega seeing as it is a rare-ish gun...

Airstream measured the cylinders of the Supersport... only 0.1mm narrower than the FWB sport.

just checked the meteor cylinder is 29.6 od and the FWB cylinder has an od of32.8 so its just over 3mm bigger
    Cylinder outer diameter - Meteor 29.6 mm Supersport 32.7 mm
    Overall Stock Length - Meteor 650 mm Supersport 680 mm
    Stock Forend Width - Meteor 43.5 mm Supersport 47.5 mm

Interesting ..