Thread: Results for Augusts 10m UBC Competition

Exclamation Results for Augusts 10m UBC Competition

The comp was quite well-attended this month with the addition of a couple of new entrants. Once again, the standard is very high with some remarkable scores being posted.

Scores

Leader Board

A couple of people are worthy of mention this month for their commitment and determination in the face of adversity - that's what makes the UBC what it is.

Firstly, Mark AKA Beerjam who had to shoot at TEN METRES with an old smoothbore Webley Junior due to his usual pistol being in for repair, and also managed to avoid the Wooden Spoon! Well done, Mark.

Secondly, Mike AKA Mickson who has given up pistol shooting due to health problems, but couldn't keep away from the 10m this month. He felt a bit better, so he got out there, shot the comp, and got himself a Gold. Well done Mike, hope you stay well.

Thirdly, Tony AKA Phantom Sniper who has managed once again to self-handicap by being a rather silly boy with some dangerous chemicals and really screwed his hands up. So much so, he shot the first 10m target right-handed and the second one left-handed, and still managed to get a Bronze! Well done Tony, hope the hands get better quickly you silly sausage.

Well done to everyone who took part, and thank you all for your continued support and participation.

Banter, anyone?

BeerJam is offline Loser of the 2011 'Barn Door Trophy'.
    Headley, Hampshire (behind the graveyard!)
    Thank you Mike, firstly for running the competition and also for making my excuses for me

Here is the old girl Webley Junior

I have been given this pistol on permanent loan from a generous friend, just so that I could enter the UBC Vintage Series.
    I did strip and service the internals but decided to leave the external appearance exactly as I was given it

I think that using this pistol actually made me try harder as I felt disadvantaged by the its age and specification. Whatever, it seemed to work for me

Cheers, Mark
    Proud to be a member of; MVAC and Countryside Alliance
    "...... I'm good with the science, but rubbish with the gun "

Red face oh well there's always next month

Thanks Mike for all your hard work with this comp

I see Paddy managed to take one of my wooden spoons away so I've only got 2 this month

Practice Practice Practice

Atb
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BeerJam View Post
    Here is the old girl Webley Junior

I think that using this pistol actually made me try harder as I felt disadvantaged by the its age and specification. Whatever, it seemed to work for me

Cheers, Mark
    Having seen the picture of the old girl, I'm amazed you could even hit the Target, Mark! Major kudos @ 10m.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill View Post

I see Paddy managed to take one of my wooden spoons away
    You noticed that too?

Quote Originally Posted by nyamazan View Post
    I see only one gold from all the SSP entries. Whats up with that?

Time to fix that....someone......somehow........soon.
    Tell me about it fella, I'm trying my hardest with the Compact but actually went backwards scorewise this month!

As for all your kind words of thanks, you're welcome. It's a pleasure to be running it, I'm just glad that it's well supported and hope you all enjoy shooting it as much as I do.

All the best,

Mike.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Wish I had more chance to join in, it's nice to see myself up on a scoreboard

Thanks for organising it, Mike.

It'd be nice if Mickson can carry on, especially as he's at the top of the springer section. Hope you get better soon.

Thanks Mike for running this comp & doing the score sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill View Post
    Thanks Mike for all your hard work with this comp

I see Paddy managed to take one of my wooden spoons away so I've only got 2 this month

Practice Practice Practice

Atb
    Bill

Yep I got the wooden spoon again , even though I got 29 point improvement from last month, so I'm getting better, or was it just a fluke

& somehow I'm third in the spring leader board. Mainly thanks to Tony not submitting his HW70 Score, because he's a silly ar$e

Look forward to next months comp

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Thumbs up 10 mtrs1

Thanks again for running the comp mike, I think we'll have to watch U when U get used to the mod: 10...mike...

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    Thanks again for running the comp mike, I think we'll have to watch U when U get used to the mod: 10...mike...
    You're welcome Mike, glad you were feeling well enough to shoot. As for the Model 10, that's the idea!

welldone to everyone that shot this month, as mike said the standard was very high, and its good to see a healthly number shooting this month.

Thanks Mike for taking the time to run the competition.

Glad to see our Mickson is still there with us, keep it up fella, we need good shooters so the rest of us have a good reason to practise. I came bottom in the PCP this month so i really do need to practise

Keep up the good work guy's and gal's.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Humble apologies...unable to shoot this month due to work pressures...
    Will try next month..
    No longer have pcp.... but have ssp X 2 and springer...
    Eric.

BigEars Guest
    Thanks to Mike for running the comp, it certainly provides a lot of motivation for Noddy, Bigbill and me to keep our shooting noses to the grindstone.

A big thank you to all who organised this comp.

It has certainly got a few of shooting our pistols with a bit more determination at the Lincs HFT club.

We have even persuaded one chap to make us a very nice 5-shot Biathlon style target with reducer insert plates in addition to the bell target he has already made.

Thanks

Mark