Thread: Recommissioning an Original 35 'super'

Recommissioning an Original 35 'super'

I have just acquired a nice Original 35 Super (1977) which needs a little tlc to bring back to life. It even has all its original open sights!

Does anyone happen to have a spare front stock screw and also a rear trigger guard screw (the small one) I could buy?

Also, I notice it is missing its breach seal. Does anyone know if it was a leather seal or rubber.

thanks in advance

regards
    Nick

Try here.

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    Try here.

Thanks Jim for such as quick answer!

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Frank Dyke on 0208 8766 6877 may also be helpful for you as the importers at the time of the 35s I believe, they helped me with mine and also have many spares -
    Thanks for that. My rifle is a .22 and apart from a rather scratched (not cracked) stock, the gun appears to be in very good condition. I will give the stock to a professional french polisher I know who will refurb the stock. He matches the finish and colour perfectly.

By the way, there is a stock bolt a few inches forward of the trigger guard. I thought it screws into the action but cant see where?? Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by njaw View Post
    Thanks for that. My rifle is a .22 and apart from a rather scratched (not cracked) stock, the gun appears to be in very good condition. I will give the stock to a professional french polisher I know who will refurb the stock. He matches the finish and colour perfectly.

By the way, there is a stock bolt a few inches forward of the trigger guard. I thought it screws into the action but cant see where?? Any ideas?
    If you mean the one toward the front of the fore end, that's not a stock bolt. It's an adjustable bolt to prevent the articulated cocking lever from making a loud click when you cock the rifle.

If you can get hold of a copy, I reviewed the 35S in Airgun World, May 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    If you mean the one toward the front of the fore end, that's not a stock bolt. It's an adjustable bolt to prevent the articulated cocking lever from making a loud click when you cock the rifle.

If you can get hold of a copy, I reviewed the 35S in Airgun World, May 2009.
    Arrrr, I wondered if it had something to do with that. Quite a fancy addition for an off the shelf air rifle. I may have a copy of AGW lying around somewhere. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Probably 'blast from the past' etc and other articles that have given me a new interest in AGW
    It took me about an hour to look through the last AG before recycling it, but the AGW's stay around, then end up getting pages ripped out mainly with Jims articles.
    Having found a nearly 100 percent tru barrelat last for my 35s in 22 I was happily shooting out the middle of a target with irons yesterday with a big grin, using RWS SHP which seem to suit it a treat, certainly at the sort of distances I want to shoot it at
    I'm going to look foward to shooting this rifle. I have owned and restored quite a few Originals in my time but only ever had a very rough 35 in the past and it was beyond repair.

Now this bit will make your eyes water...

I bought the 35 and a very good BSA meteor MK4 (both scoped) from a boot fair for £30 the pair! (Hence spending a little in getting a professional to restore the stock instead of me having to spend days working on it!)

I have an 35's in non standard form.I bought it at an airgun meet in'79 for £35.It was a mint 1975 vintage with a realy strange grain pattern on the stock.
    The first damage was my done by my dad who broke the stock at the wrist.I foolishley sent it off to a well known 'master stocker'who ruined it further.I got a local joinery place to do it in the end.Next up a good few later was the conversion to.25 by Steve Harper,with one of his super spin liners,it got a barrel chop at the same time and I put some daft mainspring in it.I wish this rifle was standard but there is nothing I can do now-except also look for a standard barrel.