Thread: Webley Mk2 air pistol

Webley Mk2 air pistol

Hi people,I could not see a thread for introductions so I guess its ok to dive right in with a post?
    I have a Webbley junior mk2 and would appreciate it if some one could tell me when they were made,it is black paint and bears the number 106 stamped on the front of the spring chamber?
    Thanks
    Dave

Webley Junior Mk2 pistol

Welcome to the airgun BBS Your gun was made between 1973 and 1976 and almost 32,000 were made in total. The number on the gun is not a Serial Number but a batch number, and it is almost impossible to pin down an exact year of manufacture as there were no major changes during the 4 years of production. Because they were only made for 4 years they are worth hanging on to, and they are also good to shoot. They have rifled barrels, unlike all other juniors, and are quite powerful for their size.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Thank you for the welcome and reply to my question which has answered it fully .I have used nearly 500 pellets since getting it down from the loft last week and forgotten how good it was to shoot.I also got down my Mk2 .22 Airsporter which had unfortunately suffered some rust damage, from condensation I suppose? I hadn't used those two guns for a long time as I mainly use an HW80 and a Luigi Frachi Diamond o/u 12 bore.
    thanks again
    smud6ie