Thread: Webley osprey value

Webley osprey value

Been offered one but have no idea of value, any suggestions?

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Always depends on condition. If it's a bit of a dog; £30-£40 wouldn't be too far out of line. If it's in good nick, £60-£80. A mint example or boxed, £90-£100+.
    Alternatively, he might just have to take what he's offered in today's financial climate.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi. I love these old gals, mainly coz its the gun my Dad still shoots, but in truth, the best example out there is worth no more that £125 (boxed £150), so a vgc one without a box is, as above, as quoted by by Harry, as that is a spot-on valuation (imho ). Hope this sort of helps . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

shame it was a little too easy to overtighten the foresight fixing screw, and bust it.

Quote Originally Posted by shangers View Post
    shame it was a little too easy to overtighten the foresight fixing screw, and bust it.
    Tell me about it. All the plastic foresights on my Webleys have had to be replaced with the later metal ones. It was such a common fault that not only were Webley compelled to eventually make all the replacements out of metal, but it's extremely rare to see a Webley from that period still wearing an unbusted plastic sight.
    Not got any spare plastic ones spiritted away have you?
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    Not got any spare plastic ones spiritted away have you?

if only. as my mate has an immaculate osprey (excepting foresight), he's still got the allen keys with the webley tag.

its a nice fore end shape - my better than my old mercury's and airsporters.

Quote Originally Posted by shangers View Post
    if only. as my mate has an immaculate osprey (excepting foresight), he's still got the allen keys with the webley tag.

its a nice fore end shape - my better than my old mercury's and airsporters.
    The tagged allen key is the only thing missing from my 2 boxed Hawks (Mk II & III) When I was a kid I used the tag as a target and then threw it away. If only I'd had an eye on it's future value when I was 11.