Thread: RAM markers your thoughts please

RAM markers your thoughts please

I've been thinking of getting a RAM marker pistol.
    I've heard a few things about them but wondered if I could get some of your thoughts and experience of them.
    I originally looked at the P99 but have heard of problems with that model, the same with the earlier glock, something about to hard a recoil cracking the frame.
    The new glock seems to be OK though and is becoming more and more tempting.

So your thoughts please guys
    Professional cripple,currently dis-armed

Thumbs up fun!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by magicaxeman View Post
    I've been thinking of getting a RAM marker pistol.
    I've heard a few things about them but wondered if I could get some of your thoughts and experience of them.
    I originally looked at the P99 but have heard of problems with that model, the same with the earlier glock, something about to hard a recoil cracking the frame.
    The new glock seems to be OK though and is becoming more and more tempting.

So your thoughts please guys
    Do'nt own 1 yet, but borrowed 1 a few times "Superb Fun"...mike...

Ive had the shotgun and it was tons of fun . Sold it as it hurt too much when you shot people with it

Ive got a mate who`s selling a ram glock , a desert eagle and a shoty . Described by him condition wise as like new . Pm me if they are of interest and I`ll get a price off him .

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    I've shot all the pistol models (one of the down sides to working in a gun shop!) and the RAM Combat & SIG 226 (aka Hammerli X50) are the ones I prefer. I know that the P99 has effectively been discontinued due to reliability problems.

There is enough power (about two joules) and a pleasing level of recoil.

Brocock recommend that lithium based grease is used to lubricate the slide.

As mickson puts it: Superb fun!
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Hi Magicaxeman,

I have the sig226 in the .43cal. The look and feel are very good, very much like the real one, I`ve shot the P220 in .45ACP and although the recoil is less it still brings a smile to the face, all thats missing is the smell of the gunpowder.

They do have a nasty habit of leaking especially from the transfer port area, I followed a fix posted on one of the RAM sites and keeping it well lubricated its been leak free for a few months now. Its been apart so many times now I can almost do it in my sleep.

I use the rubber balls indoors, A3 targets pasted onto cardboard fixed to target box catches the little beggers, ready to use again. Paintballs I use down at the bottom of the garden, laminated targets on MDF attached to poles make some very interesting shooting.

Not into skirmishing, prefer informal shooting at home.

The 226 is a well made pistol, functions exactly like the original (without the bang), I think they call it the RAM50 now and I believe they have updated the seals, well worth the money. Got my eye on a M4, must keep saving.

Regards

Mike