Thread: haenel model 1 drp

haenel model 1 drp

I have just bought this gun. does anyone have any ideas regarding the period this model was manufactured. It is in generally good condition and has been kept well oiled. The only real fault is a repair to a split along the forestock above the grip indentation and one or two non- original screws including the front sight elevation screw . Would anyone have any ideas regarding value?

fantastic little gun these.... You should be able to get a date in tiny numbers where the barrel meets the breech block or (as on mine) on the butt plate of the stock. its in the mmyy format. What calibre is it? also do it have a safety and an articulated cocking lever?
    ATB
    James

It's .177 with rifled barrel and there's no safety. There is a breech locking catch on the right side. Thanks for the advice I've just found the date stamp on the butt 1/8/37. Any ideas about value?

I've just chronoed the gun and with JSB 8.3grn it's coming out at 3.97foot pounds. Is this reasonable for this gun?

Its a little low mines about 5 lbft but its to be expected on a gun 72 years old, the main spring maybe a little tired and/or the piston seal maybe dry have you tried some drops of oil down the transfer port? I think the .177 versions are rarer then the .22
    mines .22 in really good condition with some rather unusual features (the cocking arm is articulated and it has a safety on the back of the compression tube, mine was £80 so your not gonna be able to clear your mortgage with it I'm afraid! (as is normally the case they bring a lot more in the states)
    atb
    james
    ps put some piccys of it up

What oil would you recommend dropping onto the pist seal. I won't be selling the gun but I was interested in value as I bought it in a bric a brac shop at the weekend for £38 not really knowing much about Haenels at the time.

neats foot oil if you can get it. (ive have used 321 oil in the past on my old diana 27 that seemed to work with little/no dieseling) it may also be a good idea just taking the gun apart and relubing the main spring as its probably gone bone dry with age. donno much about values really as I did exacly the same as you. pm garvin on here he seems to really know his stuff on these guns (then let me know. lol) with yours being a .177 it may be worth a little more.
    james

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    What oil would you recommend dropping onto the pist seal. I won't be selling the gun but I was interested in value as I bought it in a bric a brac shop at the weekend for £38 not really knowing much about Haenels at the time.
    Some good advice on lubing leather washers here: http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...06&postcount=2
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.