Thread: Diana Mod 38 .177 valuation

Diana Mod 38 .177 valuation

Hello

I have a Diana Mod 38 .177 rifle from 1988 and would like to ask your opinions on its value.
    It's in pretty good condition. The stock is original and has a number of light dings in but nothing major, and there are no cracks in it. The blueing on the cylinder is nice, with no pitting. At some point in its life, someone has fitted a barrel shroud. They have done a very good job of it - it was powder coated when I first acquired the rifle but I have since had it reblued. The shroud can not be removed which is a shame if you ask me. I do have a set of open sights for it though.

I've not seen many of these about so any ideas on value would be great.

thanks

I recently sold one for £125, it was in very good condition, .177, open sights all present and correct, and tuned by Tony Wall (Sandfield Fieldsports).

It shot very smoothly with little recoil, very accurate, nice and light to carry around, I think the only slight downside on these is the trigger, it isn't as good as a Weihrauch Record unit (a lot of older springer triggers aren't as good either), but it's not bad by any means.

I'm not convinced I should have sold it really, also maybe I should have gone for £150, but it's a tough market at the moment, such is life

Jon
    jon.skeeter@googlemail.com

If I die, please don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them!