Thread: falcon, rabbits, falcon

Smile falcon, rabbits, falcon

strange subject title i know but falcion 1 8in action raptor shoots fine for about 20 shots then suddenly drops right off never did before just lately any ideas

rabbits we shot about a dozen yesterday only one really worth skinning been like this for a while really skinny but othewise healthy as far as i can tell any thoughts,

falcon 2 12in raptor never been a problem serviced regular clean air etc. now starts at about 11.5ftlbs at full charge as the resevoir pressure drops the shots go up in power not just a bit but well over the limit got to suus this me thinks but not got a clue any help appreciated.

engineer

sneaky beaky Guest
    rabbits we shot about a dozen yesterday only one really worth skinning been like this for a while really skinny but othewise healthy as far as i can tell any thoughts,

not too shure and may be total waffle, but, i would suppose they stay a bit leaner in the summer and start to fatten up when the season changes (its getting a bit nippy round here lately!) or, the rabbits you are shooting are this seasons, just reaching maturity and slowly starting to put muscle on after fast growth period!? feel free to laugh if this is (probably) waffle sneaky

p.s or, they've been at it "hammer and thong" making the most of our pitiful summer

What pressure are you filling the raptor to?

It seems that you're overfilling the raptor and that it is set over the limit too! Here is one way to fix it. Fill the rifle as normal and shoot the rifle over a chrono until the power peaks. Then adjust the power down to 11.5 ft lbs and tighten the locking screw.

Then experiment with the fill pressure (try lower than what you are currently filling to) until you identify the start of the flat part of the power curve.

I get about 45 consistent shots from my FN12 which is set to 11 ft lbs at the peak of the power curve.

thanks for the comments lads will give the comments vis a ve the raptor a try

engineer