Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brocock atomic

Brocock atomic

Does anyone have one of these?

Owing to the line up being rubbish this year, I've just offloaded my Reading ticket, so I have a spare weekend and more cash than I expected.

So, naturally, I'm planning to pop up to Woodies of Wembley and have a butchers And the Atomic looks interesting. Anyone got any experience with one?
    Morally flawed

It's a shorter version of the AimX, but with open sights. Should be a little better balanced/easier to handle than the AimX though.

The Brocoock rep' brought a .22" version into my local shop a couple of months ago, but they didn't have it off him as they sell 10 .177"'s of anything to 1 .22". Thet were waiting on .177" barrels, but as the Contender rifle has just turned up in .177", hopefully, the Atomic's will be around shortly.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

With a small air cylinder I'd have thought the advantages of more efficient use of air in .22 would at least balance out the advantage of flatter trajectory of .177, especially at pistol type ranges. I guess you'd need .177 for most comps though.
    Morally flawed

CannonFodder is offline Brown envelope round the back Squire...

Atomic

I ordered a .177 version on the 17th July, was given a 3-4 week lead time but I'm still waiting for it. Don't doubt the shop I ordered it from, I've bought 3 guns from him already with no problems, I suspect Brocock can't keep up with demand. Looking forward to getting my mitts on it, it got good reviews in the airgun press and I really like the look of it.

I've been waiting a while for the Concept rifle to arrive in .177", which I now have. Hopefully the Atomic in .177" will arrive soon.

Chris.

The Atomic's barrel is much thicker than the original Aim-X's so there's enough metal to screw the front sight to. I suspect this is why they shortened it as otherwise the balance would have been unusably front-heavy. They're still waiting for .177 barrels for it.....

Jonathan

One should arrive in my local shop sometime today.

Chris.

CannonFodder is offline Brown envelope round the back Squire...

Email

I emailed Brocock yesterday to ask what's going on with the .177 version. When they get back to me I will post their reply here.

Got one in .177" from Field Accessories, Kidderminster yesterday. Much easier to handle than the AimX. Still a chunky pistol, but nice quality and well made.

Tested it in the shop and it's putting out 5 lb.ft with unweighed 8.4 grain Daystate FT Select pellets, but due to it being quite a bit shorter than the AimX, shot count is well down. Handbook says 25+ for .177". Not a problem for 10m target shooting I suppose as you are likely to your divers cylinder behind you.

Chris.

Atomic .177

I would be interested in a review of the Atomic .177.

I have tried a Falcon FN6/FN8 and the AimX Grand prix and they are very nose heavy and unbalanced for me.

I held the Atomic for a few moments today in a local gun shopand it felt slightly better than the above pistols. The original Atomic - as showed on the Brocock literature - had a two part rear breech section. But the pistol released has a one piece rear breech section.

The front sight is a rubbish fibre optic front sight so I would need to fit a panoramic red dot sight on the front breech section. But would this need to be on a raised mount? I have small hands but the grips felt like they needed a bit more meat.

I would also be interested in a true shot count.

Cheers
    Ian
    http://www.dukinfieldagc.org.uk/
    Dukinfield Air Gun Club
    Stockfield Mill, Chadderton, OL9 9EW

Anyone have a shot string?

Quote Originally Posted by williamN View Post
    Anyone have a shot string?
    Or a piccy?
    Brocock Atomic .177

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I like the look of them but now I'm getting that kind of power from my Rohm Twinmaster I think I'll stick with it for a while
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by skinhead View Post
    Or a piccy?

See the PCP pistol section of the Airgun-Tec.com website.

Chris.

Well I have to say to anyone thinking about buying one of these DO IT.I had a look at the prototype one of these in .22 at the worlds HFT at Kelmarsh this April.And it took all my willpower not to buy it .But decided to wait for the .177 to come out .Well when I was at the Midland game fair went for a looks again on the Brocock stand and they had one there in .177 so I snapped it up.I have not been able to put it down just to much fun so much so that the last two weeks I have not even taken the rifle to the club with me just the Atomic .Its got to be the most accurate pistol I have ever had me and my mate were hitting knock down targets down and up at 30 yards with ease . ATOMIC PICCY IN MY LINK .
    ATB Matt.