Thread: Ruger old army grips.

Unhappy Ruger old army grips.

The grips on my Ruger felt loose on Sunday so i tightened the screw a tad but after a couple of shots they were loose again, yep you guessed right. One side of the grips has pulled through where the screw goes through and i need to get a new set. The gun is the 51/2" stainless model fitted with white plastic grips which i suppose is supposed to look like ivory. I quite fancy some nice wood grips but havent seen any advertised. I had some rubber over the back strap type grips on a ROA some years ago but they were too big for my hands so would rather stick to a std size/fitting type. Anyone else got aftermarket grips on their ROA. ? Tim

Hi Tim

I use Pachmayr grips on my ROA - but I have large hands & find the original western style grips to small (same goes for the Remmington NMA I had too)

Rimfire Magic sells the Pachmayr for the ROA - maybe they have some standard grips available ?

Cheers

Roy

ROA Grips.

HI Tim, I have just bought 2 sets of grips for my ROA. One set from Rimfire Magic, Hogue monogrips.They fit a treat, but will not fit all frames. They will fit XR3-RED, XRN-3 or XRN-3RED. Not old XR3 "only" frames. The second set from the US. Bonded Ivory, look and feel nice $35 plus postage and if you lose the customs lottery, vat and Royal Mails handling charge. There site is HandgunGrips.com. They have a good choice for the old army, plenty of wooden ones. Make sure you have your frame number, it will save a lot of messing about! Happy hunting.