Thread: Your collection - where next?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Your collection - where next?

Collecting is funny old business. Airguns I wouldn't have touched with a barge pole suddenly become "must have" items a few months later. Guns I found ugly only recently somehow morph into the finest designs I've ever seen.

Since returning to airguns after a 20-year gap, my rekindled interest started with a fetish for the German 10 metre match guns that I coveted but could never afford in the 1980s. This led to a curiosity about 1950s German springers of the non-match variety. Then I veered off in pursuit of pre-War BSA underlevers, an interest that soon transformed into a fondness for pre-WW2 airguns of all descriptions.

Not sure where I'll be heading next. Funds are low so I'll probably have to concentrate on filling in the gaps in my Airgun World collection for the foreseeable future.

What strange directions have your collecting interests taken you in?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

Thumbs up wow

blimey dan looks like you have summed my predicament up very accurately
    there was me thinking i wouldnt touch a circa 30s press steel diana 16 ever! then one turned up and in vgc and i couldnt help but notice all the little forming details and how well considering its age it had lasted then came across one made post war in scotland with the tooling nabbed from the jerrys and i appear to be hooked;got a feeling this will be a niech yet to be considered collectable ummm what say you?
    regards bob.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

In my case Im going to have to be more selective with my collecting due to numbers and its physical size. Im stopping buying rifles because I feel sorry for them.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Guns I found ugly only recently somehow morph into the finest designs I've ever seen.
    Too true. There I was happy with Webleys, old british iron, realised classic Crosmans are pretty good,, and out of nowhere the urge to buy a Milbro Cougar hit me. Mmm, plastic !

Fortunately space alone means I have to stick to pistols.
    Morally flawed