Thread: lov2 pop out ?????

Red face lov2 pop out ?????

hey up all

i bought this pop out pistol a few weeks ago quiet cheaply (well, very cheaply actually!!), it's similar to a gat gun but feels better made..
    though the frame is some type of hard plastic, it feels much better in the hand than the cheapy monkey metal gats....

>>>lov2<<<

>>>lov2 again<<<

>>>and with a diana mod2<<<

does anyone know owt about 'em, i've never heard of it before

john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Hi John from memorey they are Czech, they were sold by Old Webley for a while. As you say yes a Gat but much better built.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    Hi John from memorey they are Czech, they were sold by Old Webley for a while. As you say yes a Gat but much better built.
    Spot on. They were marketed by the original Webley & Scott Co. during their death-throws. Had one, but can't agree with the better build bit over a Gat however, as felt particularly cheap and horrible, compared to a Harrington. The threaded probe had poorly formed threads so constantly jammed, and after about fifty shots, the barrel when 'out' wobbled up and down like a metronome . Five guys bought these at the same time in my club for a plunger pistol shoot-out (it was great fun), and all said pistols were afflicted as I have described ... Long live the Harrington, the King of the plungers . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    ... Long live the Harrington, the King of the plungers . Atb: G.
    Agree, cr@p pistol, but good fun and I loved the Gat gun. When I was about 8 we had 1x toy shop, 2x bike shops and an iron mongers in Dinnington that all sold The Gat. Price at that time was 99p. Not a mis-print, 99p. By the time I was 11 and got my first air rifle I think the bike shop had stopped selling them. But you could get them at the same barber's shop where my dad bought my rifle. It amazes me that we've got to a stage now where a shop needs to be an RFD to sell an airgun, but within the last 30 years they were sold in toy shops as just another product line. (sounding like my dad) What's this country coming to?!
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

i have to dissagree about the harrington gat being the king of the pop outs, a friend once brought a diana with the huntress raised on the top, i couldn't believe how powerful it was
    it was fairly accurate too (from about five yards)
    the pistol was in fantastic condition.... i was proper vexed when i found out he'd sold it to someone else

remembering back to when i was about twelve, we all had gat guns and regularly had 'wars' with them, it was like gunfight at the OK corral

youth seems to blind us to the perils of such actions and at the time, it was FANTASTIC!!!

we were lucky not to be blinded for real

john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Definately the Webley Gnat, when I bought one for my Webley collection (you have to don't you) the guy that found it for me said don't try to shoot it as it will probably break, it really is a s**t gun.

As for pop outs, definately the Diana model 2, I still have the one I used to take to school in a holster back in the mid 50's.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Looks more than just a little bit like the Schmidt HS9A.

Which is why I bought a Lov a few years ago when I saw it - at first I thought it must be second-hand but no, the shop owner did say it was Webley importing them (strictly speaking, wasn't it called the Webley GnAT with a deliberately small "n"?).

As said above, absolute rubbish, from memory the interior of the barrel was so rough it was pointless trying to fire a pellet - although I think it just about worked with darts.

Iain