Thread: Lead ball mould wanted: .40 to .50

Lead ball mould wanted: .40 to .50

I am after a lead mould to cast musket balls that I want to use in my slingshot, so the calibre is not that important. I currently use .44 balls, which work well and so I am after a 2nd hand mould between .40 and .50 calibre. Bit of a strange request but if anyone has a spare one I would be interested, preferably a pair with handles on them. Thanks
    “A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.”

Smile RCBS mould

I have an RCBS ball mould I no longer require but it was expensive as it is a cast iron mould and not alliminium. I would want £45 complete with handles which have to be purchased at extra cost. I can throw in aprox a couple of dozen stainless steel balls I have for the same price posted: Regards Tony

Quote Originally Posted by neumo View Post
    I am after a lead mould to cast musket balls that I want to use in my slingshot, so the calibre is not that important. I currently use .44 balls, which work well and so I am after a 2nd hand mould between .40 and .50 calibre. Bit of a strange request but if anyone has a spare one I would be interested, preferably a pair with handles on them. Thanks
    Hi, I Have one, I am almost sure its .40 , I fitted the handles, Works perfect, It has lots of lead balls, ( but posting would be expensive for them )
    Mould £20 + Post, ged
    Pic-http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture151.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Hi, I Have one, I am almost sure its .40 , I fitted the handles, Works perfect, It has lots of lead balls, ( but posting would be expensive for them )
    Mould £20 + Post, ged
    Pic-http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture151.jpg
    OK, So I have had a drink, ! WHY DON<T THESE THREAD STARTERS REPLY
    I Know they will come on with, The Parrots died, Been flooded,
    If you start a thread Reply ( This should be a sticky )
    PS Item already sold, As if i care !

OK, So I have had a drink, ! WHY DON<T THESE THREAD STARTERS REPLY
    Easy there... Some of us have other things to do instead of sitting in front of a PC screen with a glass of booze trying to start an argument.... I did not subscribe to the thread with email so missed the updates until now. I did check it for the first few days but then got distracted by Life... Apologies if I offened

Thanks for both offers. £45 is a bit to steep I am afraid, as I am after an old cheap pair, so I will have to pass on your kind offer gallileo110. I have found some interesting molds on US eB*y under sporting goods, hunting, reloading, then molds. A 4 to 6 cavity Lee one would be nice. If anyone has any more items I am still interested in something round the £20 mark
    Last edited by neumo; 07-09-2009 at 06:25 PM.
    “A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.”

Jeff Tanner bullet moulds are only £18 for up to .60", he can make any size you want. Website here
    Daz

Thanks. I have seen the site & may contact them if I cant find what I am after, which is a multi chamber round ball mould in .45