Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FWB Sport

FWB Sport

Looking for a mint Sport .177 or .22 deluxe MK1 or MK2.
    I will pay the right money for the right gun no messing around,I
    want to relive my youth!!!!!!!!!
    Regards
    Richard

FWB Sport

Hi Richard

I have a very good condition Mk1 Sport 127 with original sights that I am thinking I may sell but don't know if it's a deluxe. What's the difference ???

Regards
    Zyg

Quote Originally Posted by richywilk View Post
    Looking for a mint Sport .177 or .22 deluxe MK1 or MK2.
    I will pay the right money for the right gun no messing around,I
    want to relive my youth!!!!!!!!!
    Regards
    Richard
    I think the problem here is your use of the word MINT
    i have handled lots of very good /excelent condition ones BUT there is probably no such thing as a "mint" sport and if there were then it would be of no use to you as you would be scared of even putting it down incase you mark it I myself have one with "mint" metalwork /screws ETC and another with a "mint" stock but if you put the two together what would you have in my opinion a truely mint one would be one bought new and wrapped in cotton wool for the last twenty odd years if you find THAT ONE or know where it is let me know
    by the way none of mine are for sale

fwb

city air weapons in lincoln had a new unfired 124 boxed sold it for £500!
    also had a fwb 65 pistol boxed unfired £500 again!!

tim

fair gunner has a nice one

I have a mint 127 and as already said is useless (not for sale). I also have two very nice 124's and they work twice a week. Sold an almost mint MKIII 127, the ugly one, last year for £250. A 124 with MKII action and MKIII stock are the best work rifle combination. I also like them with no moderator and sensible sized scope.

Anyone have a Mint .177 Omega. Just bought another used .22 Omega. Still want a .177 Omega and if used would swop for a .22. Sorry, had to ask.

Fwb mk1,2 & 3

Hi I have two FWB 124's can we just clear up what is the difference is between the MK1,2 & 3s please not 100% sure what I have got thanks Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Emsill View Post
    Hi I have two FWB 124's can we just clear up what is the difference is between the MK1,2 & 3s please not 100% sure what I have got thanks Mark
    if it dont say on it MK2 OR MK3 then its a MK1
    also the mk1 has a nicer stock with palm swell / but a plastic trigger
    the mk3 has the DAN DARE muzzle weight

Actualy

its a bit more complicated / weird than that
    the MK is stamped on the barrel so if someone changes that it could lead to confusion BUT the calibre is stamped on the action not the barrel
    SO you could have a 22 MK2 that is really a 177 MK1 and vice otherwise
    i have a headache now so i am going for a lie down
    any more questions ask I.J. as he knows exactly what he is getting

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    any more questions ask I.J. as he knows exactly what he is getting

Some you win - some you loose. My Rice Crispies told me to buy it.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

FWB 1,2 or 3

No muzzle weight, I have a palm swell (No jokes about my palm swell please) but have a brass trigger. Clear as mud this ???

Quote Originally Posted by Emsill View Post
    No muzzle weight, I have a palm swell (No jokes about my palm swell please) but have a brass trigger. Clear as mud this ???
    Hmmm, bit worried about that palm swell,
    but anyway- lets get back to the rifles

Sounds like you have an aftermarket trigger fitted to the rifle to replace either the plastic or the cast aluminium original. I think the importers (ASI) used to stick labels on the guns when new detailing the MK you have (I still have one on a nice Mk3 I own) though I am guessing the early rifles didnt come with this (?). I guess with these labels worn off it may be down to checking your serial numbers against other known Mks.

As has been said already, mixing up componentry of these rifles can result in hybrids of the Mks

Still one of the best lightweight break barrel springers out there after how many years since production ceased

PM to you Rich re FWBs

Dave

Thanks for the heads up.

I think MINT means to me very minimal use I understand they
    may be some minor mark's and I could live with that as long as the
    gun hasn't been messed with the Deluxe had better woodwork by the way
    my dad got me one in 1980 for my birthday from Optima who used to advertise in AGW I think it cost him £79.95 alot of money for the day,but
    I sold it 8 years later to buy a shot gun, imo it's still the best looking springer
    around.
    Rich

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    if it dont say on it MK2 OR MK3 then its a MK1
    also the mk1 has a nicer stock with palm swell / but a plastic trigger
    the mk3 has the DAN DARE muzzle weight
    Now I am confused - I am sure mines a MKII it says so on the original receipt, but it has a palm swell and metal trigger although there is no barrel stamp???

It is a 124, .177 serial No. 42041, can I sue the 'Airgun Centre' for selling me a 'Duff' all those years ago?!!!!

I think FWB used already manufactured barrels, and stocks (with no MK annotation, when they brought out the MK11, that is the only way to explain the discrepency). When those MK1 parts were exhausted on the first MKII's they used 'marked barrels and newer stocks. Common in most production 'runs' I am led to believe!

I know mine was one of the earliest MKII's, unless someone can date it from the serial number!

Dave
    Last edited by Guest; 02-09-2009 at 11:50 AM.

When the Mk1 was produced they didn't know there would be a Mk2 so presumably that's why they didn't stamp them "Mk1".

Not all Mk2 Sports had the model stamped on the breech block. In fact I've had several over the years and have only ever seen one with "Series MkII" stamped on the breech block (serial no. 42900).

I vaguely remember seeing an advert in AGW for a Mk2 that mentioned some sort of internal improvements, but I'm not sure what they were.

The only other official mention of a Mk2 I've seen was an English-language box which I think was produced specially for ASI - the sole importer to the UK - by Feinwerkbau. It had a joint FWB/ASI "seal of approval" on the label.

Although the introduction of the Dan Dare muzzle weight/foresight and different stock shape clearly marked some sort of model change I can't recall seeing "Mk3" stamped on the ones I've seen pics of. Could it have just been the ASI's own designation to differentiate it from the earlier models and for marketing purposes when sales flagged in the mid-'80s? Does anyone have a Sport with "Mk3" actually stamped into the metal or is it only on the stick-on label?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.