Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Septembers 6yd Competition & SPECIAL Sideshoots starts 05,09,09

Septembers 6yd Competition & SPECIAL Sideshoots starts 05,09,09

Hi all.

Our 6yd competition starts Saturday 05th September. I've now extended the submission deadline to the following Sunday on all competitions, so now you all get another day. As requested by a few people.

We are also doing a Special Sideshoot, in memory of Russ 'Firestorm'. We asked Wendy' his wife. If it was ok if we could do this & she said that he would of really appreciated it.

I think Jim 'TargetBunny' summs it up really on his write up on the link page for the Sideshoot. So lets all take the time to do these targets.

>> Details For Sideshoot <<

Regards
    From all at the UBC
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Question S hot count

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi all.

Our 6yd competition starts Saturday 05th September. I've now extended the submission deadline to the following Sunday on all competitions, so now you all get another day. As requested by a few people.

We are also doing a Special Sideshoot, in memory of Russ 'Firestorm'. We asked Wendy' his wife. If it was ok if we could do this & she said that he would of really appreciated it.

I think Jim 'TargetBunny' summs it up really on his write up on the link page for the Sideshoot. So lets all take the time to do these targets.

>> Details For Sideshoot <<

Regards
    From all at the UBC
    Had a look @ the target + rules not sure how many shots per target?, could U confirm please...mike...

BigEars Guest
    I didn't know Firestorm but his observations on targets were right on the button. I went up to practice yesterday and was totally hopeless. It might have been something to do with just having gone my length after tripping on a root on a muddy woodland path about an hour earlier. The dog just looked at me with the contempt that quadrapeds reserve for sprawling humans on these occasions. Just as well he didn't watch me shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    Had a look @ the target + rules not sure how many shots per target?, could U confirm please...mike...
    Sorry Mike.

I've amended the Page.

It is 5 shots per target.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Thumbs up Re Russ

Sorry Mike.

I've amended the Page.

It is 5 shots per target.

Regards
    Paddy.
    Thanks paddy won't be doing mainshoot but will make sure i do this 1 for Russ...mike...

Talking Russ will Larf!

Been having a look @ "Russ's" target, He'll be looking down having a good laugh @ us all trying to shoot it. Normally if U miss the 10 U still get a 9 on this one U just get a Four, no doubt all the cursing would amuse him
    ...mike...

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    Been having a look @ "Russ's" target, He'll be looking down having a good laugh @ us all trying to shoot it. Normally if U miss the 10 U still get a 9 on this one U just get a Four, no doubt all the cursing would amuse him
    ...mike...
    Hi Mike.

It is a goodun isn't it Don't forget there are two to do

I no doubt also that he'll be watching over us & having a giggle
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    EVERY UBC member should do this side shoot, even if they don't ordinarily shoot the 6 yard comp.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    EVERY UBC member should do this side shoot, even if they don't ordinarily shoot the 6 yard comp.

Jim
    A good point there sir
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Jan and I just turned in our scores. Both of the Side targets are lots of fun!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Jan and I just turned in our scores. Both of the Side targets are lots of fun!

Jim
    Thanks Jim & Jan

I shot mine today. However I didn't fair to well, as the neighbours dog was constantly barking (very off putting) Sometimes I can blank it out & other times it really hampers me.

I must be getting competitive as now I seem to be rolling off excuses

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Thanks Jim & Jan

I shot mine today. However I didn't fair to well, as the neighbours dog was constantly barking (very off putting) Sometimes I can blank it out & other times it really hampers me.

I must be getting competitive as now I seem to be rolling off excuses

Regards
    Paddy.
    Hey, we hit the black circle a few times, and that's how we all get.

When it was all "in the white" for me, I just figured I was lucky just to have hit the target!

Jim

Aagh, need more ink for my printer before I can do these!

HP photo printer with separate colour ink carts: magenta cart is empty so I've been doing all the targets in B&W, but now the printer has taken its bat and ball home and is refusing to print at all (even in mono) until I replace that one cartridge.

I didn't know PC peripherals were unionised.
    Wouldn't even print when threatened at gunpoint.
    You're a machine, just do as you're chuffing told!

Just ordered a pack of ink carts so hopefully they should arrive next week.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Aagh, need more ink for my printer before I can do these!

HP photo printer with separate colour ink carts: magenta cart is empty so I've been doing all the targets in B&W, but now the printer has taken its bat and ball home and is refusing to print at all (even in mono) until I replace that one cartridge.

I didn't know PC peripherals were unionised.
    Wouldn't even print when threatened at gunpoint.
    You're a machine, just do as you're chuffing told!

Just ordered a pack of ink carts so hopefully they should arrive next week.
    Hi Adam

Isn't there a computer & printer you can access at work? & even a photocopier

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hi Paddy. Course there is! Just having a wee rant.

Is there a computer? My work laptop is sitting beside me in the bag now. I could log onto the network via VPN and send it to the network colour laser printer right now; but I'd have to get into work first to pick them up.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius