Thread: Boxed mint asi statical!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow

Boxed mint asi statical!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow

Sold!
    Last edited by turkeychoke; 09-10-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: SOLD
    Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?

asi

open to offers

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by turkeychoke View Post
    open to offers
    Ten bob and t' thumb off an old boxing glove, and seeing as it's Spanish I'll chuck in a bottle of Sangria and a castanet.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Could do with more pics.
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Gentlemen, please, a ribbing is a ribbing, and we all like a jolly jape, but can we please leave it there, and leave turkeychoke to his sale unhindered ... Thanks chaps . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The Statical is a very interesting rifle in terms of air-rifle history. At the time it was produced there was a massive 'debate' or whatever about springers versus pump-ups for use as sporting rifles. The pump-ups were laborious and tiresome to charge, and were seen as perhaps unsuitable as sporting arms because they didn't allow a quick second shot like the springers, something which is important if the first doesn't kill cleanly. That's how it was in those days. On the other hand RECOIL of the springer was a massive issue, in terms of accuracy and also scope-creep. The pump-ups were seen as very very special as they were both powerful AND recoilless. Even if they usually left alot to be desired in terms of their engineering quality (My Crosman 766 was nearly toy-like compared to my Dad's BSA Meteor).

So El Gamo looked out and saw the recoilless springer Match rifles of the time, with their superb accuracy, and tried to reproduce that in a sporting rifle. The effort failed though lack of vision (the compression tube on the Stat is too small, probably the same on as on the Sniper etc) and so didn't make the required power (only 9 ft/lbs) and the rather ordinary quality of the product, which was clearly built down to a price.

If the Statical had been properly realised, a 12 ft/lbs recoilless break-barrel springer of quality, it would have trounced the HW80 easily and probably still be on sale now. The name - a combination of 'Static' (recoil free) and 'Tactical' probably wasn't a good idea either. As it is, it is a very ingeniousand curious device and should be in every true collector's collection. This one seems to be very new and shiney, too bad I can't afford the price! Some other lucky person will have to give it a home.

Three cheers for the Stat! Good luck with the sale.

RETARDED-YETI - a.k.a. Roy Taylor has one of these beasts in .177 cal. Now theres a thought.

Good luck with the sale.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

[QUOTE=I. J.;3766721]RETARDED-YETI - a.k.a. Roy Taylor has one of these beasts in .177 cal. Now theres a thought.
    ATB
    Ian

Ian
    AFAIK El Gamo did not make a .177 ( I understood it to be because of potential patent infringement issues with FWB - use of the WAW sledge)

I guess that the .177 has had a Sniper barrel retro fitted - unless you know otherwise ?

cheers

Roger

Sold

The statical is now sold.
    thanks for all the supportive posts.
    Mike.