Thread: HELP: Milbro/Diana Model 23

HELP: Milbro/Diana Model 23

Can someone please help me as I have a problem with a Milbro/Diana model 23. The barrel catch is not sprung loaded and seems to be siezed, first of all can someone please tell me if I am correct the barrel catch should be sprung loaded? if it should be how do I release it, I can not see any way in which it is fixed in place.

A picture of the barrel can be seen here.

Many Thanks,
    Michael

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

diana 23

There isnt a plunger on the barrel---its on the cylinder if you look closely. The plunger is held by a small 4ba screw on the underside of the cylinder,which may be a bugger to undo if it has been punched. DONT order a new plunger spring from Nibbs as they will send you one that is wrong---better to take it to your local shop and find something that will fit. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, can you suggest anywhere online I can order what I need?

I should have mentioned that the plunger and grub screw are missing.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Diana 23

Chambers or Nibbs should have the bits (more chance of getting the right spring if he supplies the plunger) .As nothing is cheap, Id get hold of a 4ba screw and cut it off and put a slot in it. Ive used 4ba brass screws or threaded bar---the screws dont work out at much if you get them from somewhere like "chronos" or an engineers suppliers. If you do order the bits off either of the above, ask them to check that it is the right spring for the plunger.