Thread: Walther P99 paintball gun

Walther P99 paintball gun

My Walther P99 paintball gun is playing up again dumping all of the gas when I try to fill it. I had this problem just after I first got it and ended up sending it off to Brococks to be repaired at no cost to me I should add. That was some time ago but when I went to use it the other day its dumping all of the gas again so I took it apart and found that one of the seals needed replacing. I looked on the RAR4 site and all that I could see was this ( RAP4 and RAP5 Care / Maintenance / Rebuild Kit for £24.00 ) all that I need is two seale I do not wish to go spending all that as I hardly ever us it. Can anyone tell me where I can buy buy them without having to buy the hole kit.
    Thanks Pat
    Last edited by beagle2; 06-09-2009 at 03:12 PM.

PV is offline I'll get to 1000 if it kills me..
    Hi,
    You may remember I had this problem too! It looked to me like the recess in the seal is to small a diameter for the capsules so it tries to seal on the outer edges only. I was going to send it to Brocock but have instead left an empty capsule in all the time so it is permanently distorted. Try leaving an empty capsule in for a day or so and then try a full one to see if it seals. Not the ideal way to sort it, but it seems to work...

I bought a Desert Eagle RAM recently from a trusted contact . It arrived in mint order and it sat in its box for weeks before I got chance to have a play .

This model is the shell eject one which , er , ejects metal or plastic cases as it fires the .43 rubber balls or paintballs .

First time I gassed it up all the CO2 came straight out before I could get a shot off . Came with no instructions so went on the website . Again , no instructions , not for this particular model so I tried slide back / slide forward mag in or not in . Same thing ??

Pretty fed up having paid £200 for this ( very pretty ) paperweight !

Seems like this is a VERY common fault with these Rams doesnt it ? Brocock are going to charge me for a repair on what is essentially a new gun !!
    I have no paperwork for this pistol .

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

PV is offline I'll get to 1000 if it kills me..
    One point, the pistols should be cocked ie hammer back, before charging with CO2...

I got this one from (Swords and more) over the internet from Germany so I could not send it back so I sent it to brococks just in the box with no paperwork so I expected to pay £40 + for them to repair it but they did not charge me at all it just cost me £6 to post it to them. They are great fun to shoot but I wish that I had not waisted so much money on something that is always going wrong. The problem with the one that I have is not the co2 capsuals sealing its the power valve leaking I need two little rubber rings.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Take the O ring seals to a local seal & bearing supplier & order 10 of each in Viton, ten of each barrel & pressure vessel O rings cost me under a fiver from City Seals in Sheffield,
    Regards,
    Nick

hi, sorry to wake a dead thread. anyone know where I can get one of these pistols in the UK, I cant find any for sale anywhere. I don't mind a second hand one if anyone is thinking of parting with theirs. I don't even mind if it needs new seals. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

as far is i know the ram p99 has been discontinued (might be some thing to do with the fact they go through seals faster than co2 and paint balls) ive had my p99 about 3 years now and only shot at the most 50 balls as after the 2 co2 cylinder it started leaking, sent back to solware, came back a few months later 1 co2 cylinder was fine, 2nd it sounds like the valve is leaking
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by airgunnut View Post
    as far is i know the ram p99 has been discontinued (might be some thing to do with the fact they go through seals faster than co2 and paint balls) ive had my p99 about 3 years now and only shot at the most 50 balls as after the 2 co2 cylinder it started leaking, sent back to solware, came back a few months later 1 co2 cylinder was fine, 2nd it sounds like the valve is leaking
    I heard they had problems in that department, I wanted it more for a display item really. I have other pistols that I shoot on a regular basis and just wanted one of these. Don't suppose you'd let yours go haha