Thread: Walther CP88 vs CP99 vs Compact CP99

Walther CP88 vs CP99 vs Compact CP99

Hi, im new here and to the whole air gun sport.

im looking at getting one of these side arms as my first pistol but not sure which one is best, im after accuracy first then power.

also just seen a berreta fps 92 so adding that into the mix.

and one last thing where is best to buy online, i kno you cant buy directly but i've seen most places can post to your nearest dealer, i cant seem to find many sites though overall, so which are the best (cheapested and good service).

thanks for any replies

Question pistol

Quote Originally Posted by EDDS View Post
    Hi, im new here and to the whole air gun sport.

im looking at getting one of these side arms as my first pistol but not sure which one is best, im after accuracy first then power.

also just seen a berreta fps 92 so adding that into the mix.

and one last thing where is best to buy online, i kno you cant buy directly but i've seen most places can post to your nearest dealer, i cant seem to find many sites though overall, so which are the best (cheapested and good service).

thanks for any replies
    You pose a diffacult question all are umarex pistols, and everyone has their favourite! however the compact cp99 is a bb pistol & will be less accurate,beyond that its down to personal choice i prefer the colt 1911!!, i suggest U find your nearest well stocked shop where U can handle them all atb...mike...

Talking Pistols

Hi if its accuracy you're after get your self an umarex Smith & Wesson 586 6"
    they are accurate and great fun to shoot.

atb

Bill

As above really its personal choice as much as anything so try them all out and see which you prefer to handle.

I like the Beretta and Colt but the CP88 Comp is probably a bit accurate. Not used a CP99 though.
    Rohm Twinmaster Trainer, Colt 1911 (Nickel), Beretta 92FS (Nickel), Beretta 92FS PPC1500, CP88 Comp (Nickel), CP88 PPC1500, RWS C225 (Nickel), Gamo Compact

BeerJam is offline Loser of the 2011 'Barn Door Trophy'.
    Headley, Hampshire (behind the graveyard!)
    Hi Edds

Come along to the UCB Meet and I reckon you will get a chance to try all your short listed pistols plus a whole lot more

Cheers, Mark
    Proud to be a member of; MVAC and Countryside Alliance
    "...... I'm good with the science, but rubbish with the gun "

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill View Post
    Hi if its accuracy you're after get your self an umarex Smith & Wesson 586 6"
    they are accurate and great fun to shoot.

atb

Bill

Yep! And I bet you'll find that it's the No. 1 choice for UK Police / Practical / IPAS shooters.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi EDDS and welcome to the AirgunBBS.

I have to agree with the guy's above and say go for a S&W 586, but if you don't like revolvers, then from your list go for the CP88 6" Competition (Nickle with Wood Grips looks lovely) this is a very accurate pistol in the right hands and has a nice feel and balance to it.

The Beretta is a great pistol and i would never sell mine it's a definate keeper.

The CP99 is a great fun pistol, throw on a laser and you have a great little plinker.

as for where to buy, from here on the BBS, I have had around 25 pistols in the last 2 years and all have been second hand, you should be able to pick up a good one for under £100

Once you have a pistol check out www.umarexboysclub.co.uk it's free to join and you can enter our monthly competitions, as already said above if you can make it to our meet at the end of October in Coventry, you will have the chance to use most of the pistols you will see on the UK market.

Hope this helps

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

just my opinion.i had the cp88 and it is by far the better of the cp99.better built,more accurate,better trigger.not tried the compact so can not say what that is like sorry

I'd agree with above, the S&W 586 with 6" barrel is best IMO and the CP88 over the CP99. Hope find the right one for you
    Beretta 92 FS Nickel, CP88 Nickel, S&W 6" 4", HW45, Modified Baikal IZH 61, Shinny Benjamin Sheridan E9A, Crosman 2240 ...