Thread: ERE!......what's happened!!!!!

edbear2 Guest

Talking ERE!......what's happened!!!!!

Just checking in after 5 days of hell at work......(13-17 hours of work every day since arriving over here).....and log on to see loads of new, interesting stuff that has been for sale, and for identification!......It was dead quiet on here before I left, is it something I said???

Have not had much time to mooch yet...hopefully things will improve, but I have a 300 gun estate sale catalogue coming, and a gun show to attend in a couple of weeks, so am hoping to find something interesting at one of these.

TTFN, Ed.....

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Just checking in after 5 days of hell at work......(13-17 hours of work every day since arriving over here).....and log on to see loads of new, interesting stuff that has been for sale, and for identification!......It was dead quiet on here before I left, is it something I said???

TTFN, Ed.....

That explains it then Ed

I was wondering why you didn't buy any of those cheap Gunlayer Teachers, .25" Standards or BSA militaries, that were in the for sale section the other day.

All the best Mick

You seem to be typing in an American accent for some reason Edboy $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post

Have not had much time to mooch yet...hopefully things will improve, but I have a 300 gun estate sale catalogue coming, and a gun show to attend in a couple of weeks, so am hoping to find something interesting at one of these.

TTFN, Ed.....

SHHHHHH all, Ed will hear you

sounds like you'll be busy over the next couple of weeks mate

regards, john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

edbear2 Guest
    Yippee.......Will be getting sunday off!......so a choice of gun shows to attend..Everyone here is ripping the p... out of me, as I steer the conversation with anyone I am meeting around to air rifles......two leads so far..I was in a shop called Gander Mountain.......Imagine tescos, but selling everything from from hunting bows, canoes, fishing rods to high power hunting rifles and ammo stacked 6 feet high every where....anyway, I asked the salesman about old airguns, and a guy listening nearby ended up giving me his number as his dad has a "london made, birmingham patent" underlever he wants to sell.....am meeting him in the shop one evening next week, so fingers crossed.......Also heard about a guy / shop in Fort Wayne, (about 90 miles away) that apparently has "loads of old stuff".......so more hanging around in gunshops whenever I get the chance.......everything is open till 9 here, so as things ease off at work, maybe I will get a result, or at least meet some more local guys, who all have been really friendly and helpful...work wise it's busy, but bearable....I have been building a dock on a lake for a couple of speedboats, and 3 jetskis....it's been 70 - 80 degrees everyday, and there have been bikini wearing stunners roaring past in v8 power boats all day.......the place is called lake geist.......I know, it's rubbish.......but someone has to do it I suppose

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...50908/sizes/l/

Sorry It's gone a bit off collectables normal ground...hopefully will have some gun pics to show soon.......
    Last edited by edbear2; 12-09-2009 at 02:46 AM.

There's only me awake at this time in the morning Ed.......Sounds/looks like you are really "going through it"....you lucky bleeder..

Hope you come back with some tasty stuff matey...airgun wise... I see it as repatriating our airgun heritage...ATB,Chris.

Hi Ed
    You mind you dont fall in the water you might shrink Hope you have some success in buying something nice to complement your collection, and dont work too hard
    Best regards
    Bernie

edbear2 Guest
    Finally saw the gun(s)........I was getting a bit exited as the guy mentioned both a button release under-lever and 'writing" on the cylinder.......I was hoping for a crisp, unmarked and and nice clear etched standard or CS.......anyway, it turned out to be a complete, fair to good standard with some faint etching visible under shop lights (met him in gander mountain).....He also brought a Quackenbush that he had laying around...not really my cup of tea....he wanted about 150 pounds for the standard, but I already have a couple, and it was not nice enough to go through the hassle of bringing it back. he also brought in a 41 colt "house pistol" which is quite a rare piece apparently.....A great guy, and collector of firearms with over 450 in his house!!!!...we left on good terms , with an open invitation to go pistol/rifle shooting if I have the time..This state (Indiana)seems very relaxed about guns.......he walked in with his young lad openly swinging the rifles across a busy car park, with no covers or bags......I told him about what the reaction would be in England, and he seemed genuinely amazed......then grinned and said "so what would they do about this"..and lifted his shirt to reveal a cocked and locked Kimber .45 tucked into his waist belt.no one in the shop batted an eyelid,.......it sure is different over here!!.the search goes on......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...7622318223327/

Hi Ed,

Glad you got to see at least some airguns.....you must be due to come back to "Blighty" soon though?

Out of interest..a simular thing happened to me tother night.....upon lifting my (night) shirt & exposing my (half) cocked "weapon" to Mrs.Vixen...she wasn't bothered either........I had to go "decock" it meself....again