Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Tribute to Mad Mark a top feller you could ever meet!

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Mad Marks memorial HFT comp last weekend.

The Fort Air rifle club at Wrexham held a memorial/celerbration HFT comp with a Mark Brewster memorial shield for the winner, this is to be an annual event with 10 shields so it will last at least 10 years. About 45 HFTers attended the comp at the beautiful Fort club range situated on an ancient Celtic hill fort near Wrexham.

I shot the course with Nige Williams (Gillieman) and his wife Claire it was my first HFT comp since Quarry in 2007. The weather was perfect starting with a clear frosty morning, but turning overcast later, the wind was light and the course excellent. I'm happy to say Nige won the shield with an excellent 59/60, I managed 51/60 and his wife Claire on her first ever HFT comp scored a cracking 49/60 with her beautiful limited edition Daystate Merlyn.

The banter was excellent and I'm so pleased Nige won this comp, in fact I cannot thing of a better person to win it. I'm sure our much missed and good friend Mad Mark took a few minutes from making the Angels laugh to look down and smile. His wife Rachael presented Nige with the shield and his Squaddie son Danny also took part scoring 50/60.

This was a cracking day and it was great to see AirgunBBS members taking the trouble to take part. My old mate Pad E made the long trip from Brum with his lovely daughter Sinead.

Rachael Brewster presenting Nige with the Mark Brewster shield. His son Craig is in the background on the left.

Nige with his wife Claire. Nige was rightly very proud of his wifes performance and is framing her score card and a photo to commemorate the ocassion.

The famous BBS cammo king himself Pad E in a normal Pad E pose. Its aklways good to see Paddy.

For those BBS members who never knew Mark he was a very special person and much loved member of this forum, a very brave guy who always lived life to the full. Nige, myself and a number of other BBSers had the privelge to know this man personally and were able to call him friend. To say he will be missed is an understatement, but this shield is our simple way of remembering a GOOD AND DEAR FRIEND. I would like it to more a celerbration of a special guy and the mere thought of Mark still makes me smile. The last time I saw him he had his trousers round his knee and was exposing his bare behind to Clifftop and myself . A true character who will always be missed.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

only just seen this, shocked and gutted! Rip mark

Bit pissed off tbh; so many scumbags in the world and the big guy takes away one of the genuinely good ones?

I rarely come to this forum these days so this post is a bit late. Mark was a real character and a pleasure to deal with - I had a fantastic Mk3 FTR and EB Sniper combo off him - its was immaculate and served me very well - only wish I kept it now.

RIP Mark.
    HW97k Venom Lazaglide .177 + 2.5-10x40

I have just read this, I can't believe it, Mark was one of the true characters on this site. It will be a poorer place without him. God Bless you Mark.

shocked

RIP Mark

just been speaking about Mark today

its amazing the people who rarely use BBS who have only just found out and are of course shocked. I feel for them as it still seems unreal not having his carefully placed posts set to blow at any minute...or his unique sense of humour. Sadly missed but never forgotten, Gary
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Too shocked for words. R.I.P. Mark.
    Very shocked indeed!
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

Without even knowing the man, you just knew he was one of the good guys
    Truly a sad loss

RIP MARK.

The benefits of having a good liberal education are the ability to understand and appreciate other cultures And the means to live as far away from them as possible.

My belated condolences to Mark's family and close friends. Having not been on BBS for ages I have only just found out having contacted Snoozlecracker (Tim), and to say I'm shocked is an understatement, I feel pretty gutted.
    I feel lucky to have met Mark just the once, a while ago when I went to his house for some advice. I think I spent most of the afternoon chatting with him about everything. A totally great guy and character, who you felt you'd known forever even though you'd just met and so freely giving of his time. What a sad loss.

R.I.P. MARK.

Regards, Carl
    Good deals with: Peter65, KenAdams, Snoozlecracker, AirArms David, Cozzy, mattyboy453, Ian Collins, mr boom, jyoung, Supershot, Tommo, Joevav, mikemorton, Air Ranger 658, miffer, Brenty. BASA Insured

Been away from the BBS for a while due to other commitments and this was a shock, A cracking bloke that had helped me out on numerous occasions on the BBS, Although i never got to meet him in person, He was such a smashing guy and always talked about amongst many of us.

My thoughts go out to his family & friends.

R.I.P Mark,

Justin.
    HW80 Venom Lazaglide .20 = Rapid 7 MK1 .20 = Original Model 45 .177 = CZ452 American .17HMR = Mossberg 410 = GECO 12 Bore

hi

saw Danny Brewster the other day - what a chip off the old block - lovely lad - hard working - just like his old fella - Mark is still in my head with his quick wit and off the cuff remarks, Gary
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

Doing a microlight course at the moment. Bloody hard. Respect to you with one leg Mark, you lived life to the max.