Thread: bsa break barrel

bsa break barrel

I was putting a gun cabernet in my darkroom the other day and in the corner I found my first ever air rifle all i know is that its very similier to the under levers. its a .177 has no fore stock and try as i may i cannot find a serial number anywhere.
    I know that the desription is very vauge but is there any chance anybody know anything about this gun..
    james

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    If similar to an under-lever, but not an under-lever, it sounds like a BSA breakdown circa 1936-ish, as in photos below, to me (please note that the posting of photos in this section is a mod perk, so please don't try this at home ). Hope this helps. Atb: G.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

thats the fella!!!
    have you got any info on them? its in rough condition so will be trying to get it to its former glory

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by badfish View Post

thats the fella!!!
    have you got any info on them? its in rough condition so will be trying to get it to its former glory
    BSA Breakdowns were made from around 1930 through to the end of WWII (will check in my book tonight to make sure this is correct). They were only ever available in .177, and were replaced in BSA's production range, by the Cadet Major in the post war 1940s. In the condition as above (eg: very good but not mint), these BSA Breakdowns are worth i.r.o. £125 plus post . Again, hope this helps: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.