Thread: Something else getting banned ?

Something else getting banned ?

A mate of mine in the airgun trade was talking with one of his suppliers the otherday about all the things getting banned .
    They told him that mailorder sales of airguns was on the cards to be banned (to stop kids ordering them with parents creditcard).
    Anyone else in the know heard this or is it just an evil rumour ?
    If its true companies like J.S.R could be up S**tcreek

RemMag is offline We're getting married, Weevie and me.
    There was a piece in Tackle and Guns, the trade magazine, discussing the morality of mail order sales, so he may have got the wrong end of the stick.

As it is, most internet search engines won't allow gun related sites to advertise. When I had a google ad up I was turning over £5000 a week with 4 months of starting up. Since Google and everyone else pulled my ads I don't think I've taken that much in 9 months.

Instead, I've spent 9 months on the BBS!

Zanx Guest
    Mail order can be easily sorted by using a courier that has an option that means the item can only be released upon the signature of an adult. UPS do this in the US, the minimum age is 21. Alternatively, send any yoofs caught messing with air rifles in public straight to boot camp for a year.

Smudgegs Guest
    Bad Lads Army.... shouldn't just be a tv series, should be an option for young offenders, eg: "right son the choice is yours, two years in prison or six months Lads Army. Get kicked out of the Lads Army though and you go straight to prison to serve the full term regardless of how long has passed."

No Prisoners rights issues as they are all volunteers and can leave (and go to prison) any time they like...

As soon as they have passed the "basic" phase put them on community service, but under the NCO's and subject to the same discipline rules.

Shame their isn't a politician with the backbone to make it happen...

Originally posted by Smudgegs
    .......Shame their isn't a politician with the backbone to make it happen...
    'Politician' and 'backbone' in the same sentence - are you mad

Or was that a deliberate oxymoron
    "I would laud the day when there is a rifle in every cottage in England." Robert Arthur Talbot Gascoyne-Cecil.Your 'local' hospice needs your charity . Please give until it hurts..I made this

Zanx Guest
    Bad Lads Army.... shouldn't just be a tv series, should be an option for young offenders, eg: "right son the choice is yours, two years in prison or six months Lads Army. Get kicked out of the Lads Army though and you go straight to prison to serve the full term regardless of how long has passed."

No Prisoners rights issues as they are all volunteers and can leave (and go to prison) any time they like...

As soon as they have passed the "basic" phase put them on community service, but under the NCO's and subject to the same discipline rules.

That's a superb idea, at the moment the little wasters are unemployable after doing time, I wouldn't think twice about taking on a person who had done 6 month boot camp (unless I was running a nursery)

Really, it just like a whole generation is just waste. Shame.

Ravenskull Guest
    Originally posted by Dirty-Harry
    'Politician' and 'backbone' in the same sentence - are you mad

Or was that a deliberate oxymoron
    hmm. i must disagree- most of UKIP have proven not to be spineless fools.....
    and i think maggie thatcher had backbone, hmmm?

RochdaleLad Guest
    Originally posted by Ravenskull
    and i think maggie thatcher had backbone, hmmm?
    Plus, Maggie has more balls than the entire UKIP put together

Bunch of tosspots (just look at who their "member" in the EU Parliament is ffs)

</off topic>
    D.

Ravenskull Guest
    Originally posted by RochdaleLad
    Plus, Maggie has more balls than the entire UKIP put together

Bunch of tosspots (just look at who their "member" in the EU Parliament is ffs)

</off topic>
    D.
    maggie has more balls than our entire current government put together- bunch of ar5eholes that they are......

Micky Spillane Guest
    Christ what more do you want. As an ex military chap I think they have enough to do don't you? There's Bosnia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Ulster,Belize, Cyprus, Kuwait, and various other less salubrious places not to mention disaster releif in the Caribean, Naval patrols across five oceans and seven seas. Now you want them to take on the flotsam and jetsam of society as an evening and weekend job while facing enemy fire friendly fire and political fire To be honest who needs it eh? Lifes tough enough without having to train blokes who don't want to learn) These hooligans are there because of inadequate upbringing, their parents should shoulder the responsibility of bringing a child into the world, and not try to abdicate that responsibility
    Not that I'm angry about the idea but why train a delinquent to be more profficient in the art of killing? just seems daft to me.
    Drink good English bitter beer and shoot safe
    Micky Spillane
    PS this was in response to the suggestion that the military should tak up the job of prison governorship.
    Last edited by Micky Spillane; 11-09-2004 at 01:28 AM.

figjam Guest

Thumbs up LOL!

Couldnt agree more mate, i think if national service was introduced youd find a huge reduction in crime, drugs, theft, assault........the list goes on!

people will have a little bit more respect!

hell might even find everyone civil to one another on a bulletin board

rgds

kenny

Ravenskull Guest
    Originally posted by Micky Spillane
    Christ what more do you want. As an ex military chap I think they have enough to do don't you? There's Bosnia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Ulster,Belize, Cyprus, Kuwait, and various other less salubrious places not to mention disaster releif in the Caribean, Naval patrols across five oceans and seven seas. Now you want them to take on the flotsam and jetsam of society as an evening and weekend job while facing enemy fire friendly fire and political fire To be honest who needs it eh? Lifes tough enough without having to train blokes who don't want to learn) These hooligans are there because of inadequate upbringing, their parents should shoulder the responsibility of bringing a child into the world, and not try to abdicate that responsibility
    Not that I'm angry about the idea but why train a delinquent to be more profficient in the art of killing? just seems daft to me.
    Drink good English bitter beer and shoot safe
    Micky Spillane
    PS this was in response to the suggestion that the military should tak up the job of prison governorship.
    but think for a mo micky,
    if the army did take on the bad lads army suggestion, then they would get more funding from the gov't, and defence cuts could be offset slightly preventing downsizing of our armed forces by political idiots.

Micky Spillane Guest
    but think for a mo micky,
    if the army did take on the bad lads army suggestion, then they would get more funding from the gov't, and defence cuts could be offset slightly preventing downsizing of our armed forces by political idiots.
    But the point is we (they) don't want them, Ever heard the phrase "one volunteer is as good as ten pressed men"? with ten modern day delinquents behind me I wouldn't have the confidence to face an enemy as well No raven send them to the work house -What we have no workhouses? first job they can do is build one Drink good English bitter beer and hang'em and flog'em er I mean shoot safe.
    Micky Spillane

Pavel Guest
    Don't make me laugh. The UKIP are a joke, pretty much like the BNP, only more useless in politics, if that is possible. Besides Kilroy is their orange skinned leader nowadays...need I say more??

Smudgegs Guest

Wink

Originally posted by Micky Spillane
    But the point is we (they) don't want them, Ever heard the phrase "one volunteer is as good as ten pressed men"? with ten modern day delinquents behind me I wouldn't have the confidence to face an enemy as well No raven send them to the work house -What we have no workhouses? first job they can do is build one
    Which is why I said in my original post put them on "community service", type work. Even the hearts and minds hospital repainting/ditch digging etc etc we do in places like Bosnia. Certainly don't use them for "proper" soldiering unless you get to a full on war where anyone who can hold a rifle is in... (hopefully not in our lifetimes mind you!)
    I wasn't thinking so much of current military running it as what they did with the "Lads Army" nonsense, retired or about to be retired SNCO's and disused bases, lord knows we have enough with the current reviews/options for change/force re-alighnment (or whatever the current pet phrase is for cuts )
    And of course kit wise they get surplus war stock etc etc that would otherwise be sold for pennies to the big surplus dealers, cheaper than paying for prison uniforms so good for the taxpayer too