Thread: Airgun Parts

Airgun Parts

Hi,

Can anyone tell me which airguns these parts are for, I think the piston, washers and the sites are for HW's. The stock I am not too sure on, it could be BSA. One of the barrels is BSA and the other one maybe Webley.

Also could any give me a valuation as they will be going up for sale as one lot on here.

http://img216.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=1010887y.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=1010892.jpg

Thanks, Mick

Webley Hawk Mk1 stock, £20-£25
    BSA Airsporter underlever assembly, £10-£15
    BSA Mercury/challenger/635 barrel...What calibre is it? this will have a bearing on value...£15-£30
    HW piston/sights, etc...or possibly a Mercury piston?... are there 2 pistons? or is the piston in the 2nd set of pics the same one as in the 1st set of pics? HW front sights, rear sight, and elements £20 piston - £10

Not sure about the values I've given, but I'm sure someone with a better idea of values will be along soon

Edit, I can only see one barrel in your pics, do you mean the underlever assembly?

Edit, I think you would do better to sell these as individual lots too!

Last edited by DCL_dave; 09-09-2009 at 03:23 PM.
    blah blah

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    Hi, as mentioned above the stock is off a Webley Hawk, value around £35+

the piston is likely to be out of a HW35 and if the seal is in good order should fetch you £15+
    The sights are indeed HW ones and will fit most HW rifles, a good set with the elements should get you £30.

The small piston seal looks like a HW77 size, if it's 25mm it'll fit the early hw77 and 97, if it's 26mm it'll fit in the later 77, 97 and 95, 98, 85 i'm informed.
    The larger seal is likely to be off a HW80 or modern HW35. These should be worth a couple of quid each i'd think.

The barrel and cocking link assembly could be off an early BSA mercury (2 piece linkage) if you look underneath it'll have a serial code something along the lines of GB567 etc, if it has let me know and I'll tell you exactly which model it's off. Pricewise £35 tp £40 with the sights, possibly more.
    The final item is the cocking link and underlever off a BSA Airsporter, I'm not sure but these are different on some models but it looks like a later one, MK5,6 or7 perhaps, Gotta be worth £25 to replace or repair a broken gun.

Hope this helps.

PAUL

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
    Webley Hawk Mk1 stock, £20-£25
    BSA Airsporter underlever assembly, £10-£15
    BSA Mercury/challenger/635 barrel...What calibre is it? this will have a bearing on value...£15-£30
    HW piston/sights, etc...or possibly a Mercury piston?... are there 2 pistons? or is the piston in the 2nd set of pics the same one as in the 1st set of pics? HW front sights, rear sight, and elements £20 piston - £10

Not sure about the values I've given, but I'm sure someone with a better idea of values will be along soon

Edit, I can only see one barrel in your pics, do you mean the underlever assembly?

Edit, I think you would do better to sell these as individual lots too!

I think the piston in with the BSA photo's isn't a Mercury one, they don't use threads to hold the seal on and it looks to well made, the Mercury pistons I taken out have been quite crude, the BSA barrel has a two piece cocking arm so indicates later Mercury/Challenger or maybe Supersport, apart from that the rest is as whats been said already.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by premierpistol View Post
    Hi, as mentioned above the stock is off a Webley Hawk, value around £35+

the piston is likely to be out of a HW35 and if the seal is in good order should fetch you £15+
    The sights are indeed HW ones and will fit most HW rifles, a good set with the elements should get you £30.

The small piston seal looks like a HW77 size, if it's 25mm it'll fit the early hw77 and 97, if it's 26mm it'll fit in the later 77, 97 and 95, 98, 85 i'm informed.
    The larger seal is likely to be off a HW80 or modern HW35. These should be worth a couple of quid each i'd think.

The barrel and cocking link assembly could be off an early BSA mercury (2 piece linkage) if you look underneath it'll have a serial code something along the lines of GB567 etc, if it has let me know and I'll tell you exactly which model it's off. Pricewise £35 tp £40 with the sights, possibly more.
    The final item is the cocking link and underlever off a BSA Airsporter, I'm not sure but these are different on some models but it looks like a later one, MK5,6 or7 perhaps, Gotta be worth £25 to replace or repair a broken gun.

Hope this helps.

PAUL
    Sorry to say Paul, but early Mercurys had a one piece cocking arm, the one in the photo is from a mk3-4 model, the Airsporter cocking arms were shorter on the mk7s (like the ones they use on RB2's).

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I think the piston in with the BSA photo's isn't a Mercury one, they don't use threads to hold the seal on and it looks to well made, the Mercury pistons I taken out have been quite crude, the BSA barrel has a two piece cocking arm so indicates later Mercury/Challenger or maybe Supersport, apart from that the rest is as whats been said already.

Pete

Aha!...well spotted, I didn't see the threaded end on the piston, thought it was a spigot
    blah blah

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Sorry to say Paul, but early Mercurys had a one piece cocking arm, the one in the photo is from a mk3-4 model, the Airsporter cocking arms were shorter on the mk7s (like the ones they use on RB2's).

Pete
    Ahh, Cheers for that, I get confused with Beesas, The last one i had with a mk4 stock had a mk2 action fitted which has threw me. too many variations
    Thats why i tend to stick to the HW's,

Cheers, PAUL

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies and helping me valuate the items, I have just checked and the barrel is a .177.

Regards, Mick
    Last edited by mdunn; 10-09-2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Rules

You need to edit your last post as you are in danger of infringing the BBS rules.See the sticky at the top of the page!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    You need to edit your last post as you are in danger of infringing the BBS rules.See the sticky at the top of the page!
    Thanks, just read the sticky now.

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by premierpistol View Post
    Ahh, Cheers for that, I get confused with Beesas, The last one i had with a mk4 stock had a mk2 action fitted which has threw me. too many variations
    Thats why i tend to stick to the HW's,

Cheers, PAUL
    not sure but that cocking arm looks like a supersport one as the smaller part of the linkage is slightly longer than the one on the mercury the overall length is about 10 mm shorter than th mercury i have both here let me know if you want the dimensions and i will dig them out
    S400 Carbine