Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pellet Tins

Pellet Tins

Having just unpacked a box from my last house move (7 years ago) I found a whole load of pellet tins. My interest in ancillary bits is only if they go with my pistols so a lot of these I intend to dispose of.

Now, whilst I am very opinionated in valuations of pistols my knowledge of the value of pellets and tins is very limited so please, someone out there, give me some guidance.

The Promethius and Sabo are all full or within 10%, the Bulldog is a sealed pack of 1000 No 1 bore (.177 for the new boys) Hustler tin is full, plastic box thing about 1/4, Champion and Harrier full as is the H&N 4.5mm round ball. The cleaner of the period Wasp tins is full the other with a few, the more modern Wasp say 1/2 full as is the Millbro, the Champion is full. The Tracerpell (Promethius???) is still sealed. Webley Flying Scott is full. Take the rest as empty.

Anyone recognise the loose 'bullets', I believe they were known as Spitz, .22 and very heavy, about 150 (I am guessing) not in anything.

Picture here http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/lodmoor/tins.jpg

Your comments gratefully recieved.
    (If you need better pics please let me know).
    Last edited by lodmoor; 09-09-2009 at 07:43 PM. Reason: clarification/offer of better pics
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Come on guys, are all the pellet collectors on holiday?
    lodmoor

Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post
    Come on guys, are all the pellet collectors on holiday?
    Yeah, he's in the US, working.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Do we only have one then? No one else any ideas, ho hum, off to bed.
    lodmoor

Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post
    Do we only have one then? No one else any ideas, ho hum, off to bed.
    Sorry, just kidding around. Edbear's an expert on matters pellet tin but he's away.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Hi,
    I think £40.
    Regards Marsh.
    Good deals with Eddiekneejerk, scirroco,Garvin, brownie,NeilLedger,NortonAMC,MadMike,Lodmoor,Jonny Mark,ogilkes,brdrew,averageplinker,canman,Pagoda1, boxman,beagle,clueless,RobMac,RobM,DaveJW,leroy02, JerryCornelius,jarrod,Alistair,jonno1972,Emsill and Stuart.

Hi there,

The most collectable are the Bulldog/wasp /sabo/webley...if you wanted to gain the maximum return on these you would need to split them & put them on an "auction site" so as they were seen worldwide....in selling as a job lot you restrict their value...but get rid of them quickly...again in my humble opinion.ATB.

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    Hi there,

The most collectable are the Bulldog/wasp /sabo/webley...if you wanted to gain the maximum return on these you would need to split them & put them on an "auction site" so as they were seen worldwide....in selling as a job lot you restrict their value...but get rid of them quickly...again in my humble opinion.ATB.
    I agree with Chris
    If auctioned as individual tins, I would not be surprised if they raise over £110
    The Sabo's can bring £12-£15 for each full case and even an empty Webley Special tin can bring £10. The very old .177 wasp tins are quite collectable
    ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

The aforementioned Edbear valued my as new pack of 5 x 200 full Wasps tins at £13 - £25 per tin earlier in the year based on auction sales.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

PS.....the "bullets" might be Eley Magnums or Rabbit Magnums...either way you needed a powerfull airgun to launch them.......

Come to think of it...probably better of fireing them from your catty...if not rather expensive...

Sabos on the bay usualy reach between £15 and £22 per tin, best price is the loading pen is included.

Smile

HW- the loose bullets look like LEM spitzer bullets, home cast into Spitzer bullet mouds...

these are Eley magnums (much longer!)...

sorry, i don't have a clue as to what pellets are worth

john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

They could also be nato bullets specially made for the Brocock (Lee Enfield conversion I think)

The Nato Bullets were made of a very light alloy, I know I have some. Photos by Kev has some pics on his pellets data base.

Thanks John,

My eyesight ain't what it was....