Thread: British Cub Pistol

British Cub Pistol

I have been given a Gat Type Gun, think it's called the British Cub

All iron / Steel constuction heavy, GWO & looks good partial rubbing on one side. Shoots well & not mucked about with

Retains most of its Chrome Plating

Anyone any idea of age & value if any

Will try to post some picc's later

Ta

Chris1

Unable to load Picc's could someone help Thanks
    Last edited by Chris1; 16-09-2009 at 06:18 PM.

Cub

I have a black one with a missing end cap and spring. All my references seem to indicate it was possibly just post war (1945 onwards) and is made from aluminium. (Hiller recons they were made from redundant Spitfires using kit taken from Nazi Germany a la Milbro Dianas).

As far as value, probably not much as most collectors do not pay much attention to pop-outs (I am a bit of an nerd for them) but should fetch £20 or so (possibly another fiver).

If you decide to sell I would be interested, as I say I am a nerd for pop-outs - I think I have one of each of all the variations of the Diana mod 2, pre war until discontinued.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Cub Pistol

Thanks for the reply.

Since getting a new Digi Camera, I am unable to post picc's on here, no idea why?, cannot see a link to add picc's!!! when editing?

The Pistol I have is all Steel & heavy, Pop Out, Complete, looks very much older Style more like 19th C, than an Original Mod 2 Which I have owned for 40+ Years.

Could I try to mail you a picc'y then you can see it?

Chris1

Yea, I know what you mean, I have a 1930s Dolla and thought that the Cub would date from the same but not according to Hiller. If you can't post a pic (I use Photobucket - dead easy) then please email me one - phantom@lodmoor.demon.co.uk.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .