Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: webley victor

I have just put a few notes on stripping and rebuilding the Victor / Vulcan on the gggr sticky in the Collectables.
    I hope I remembered everything. The only part that was a bit hazy was fitting the safety slide on the Vulcan.. it was easy to do in practice but it was a little while ago and I hope I have the sequence correct. On the Victor it does not matter as you have no safety!

Cheers, Phil

victor

Hi I also bought one of these a few months ago in .177 it looks like it just came out of the factory. I also would like an idea of value, nice little rifles mine puts out about 7.5lbs when chronoed cheers Alan

many thanks phil for the strip and rebuild guide, very very helpful.
    atvb
    dean

The Victor uses the Vulcan main cylinder, trigger (without safety), piston and spring guide, and the breech block and pins are identical other than the victor does not have the machined bevel on the top edges!

the barrel is a smaller diameter and the end cap is a squared off simplified version of the vulcan radiused type!

the stock is completely different and is shorter and slimmer than a vulcan stock.

if you consider these rifles were aimed at the junior market , they are actually very robust and can be tuned up to the legal limit as they are basically a lightweight vulcan!

I have two Victors (one a scrap spare parts) and a Vulcan mk3, both working rifles have been converted to gas ram and these rifles are absolutely brilliant in this guise!

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Nothing wrong with the Webley Vulcan type rifles, give anything a run for their money if set up correctly.
    I can certainly vouch for that. My Vulcan MkIII had seen very little use for the past 10 years or so, and although it was still in very good external condition, firing it put you in mind of listening to a rusty pogo stick I took it to a chap in Norwich who advertises from time to time in Gun Mart and he relubed it and did a few minor tweaks. It's now running at a consistent 11 ftlbs and sounds like a brand new rifle. Well pleased with it.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.