Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is a good course for a springer shoot ?????

What is a good course for a springer shoot ?????

Well come on the Springer shooters of the UK .Tell me what you want from a course ,it must be testing as its the round 5 of the UK Springer series .
    Tell me come on ;;;;;;;;
    [Ian Bainbridge]

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by popsheep View Post
    Well come on the Springer shooters of the UK .Tell me what you want from a course ,it must be testing as its the round 5 of the UK Springer series .
    Tell me come on ;;;;;;;;
    I actually enjoyed last Sunday's course matey ... I know some said it was too hard for springers, but I still turned in a 40, and I'm only an HFT springer beginner, so imo ??? Same style of course for this Sunday, too . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    Like most HFT's, plenty of variation as regards position, that sorts the men from the boys

Our club runs a monthly HFT but nothing like the UKAHFT do them, we are not affiliated so make our own course rules up, granted the positions are 'legal' and the targets are of the 'standard' type, size and distances, but we have to contend with tree branches and leaves obscuring the target, (sometimes like threading the pellet between several branches. these cause some difficlut shots). the prone shots are sometimes hindered by a fallen treetrunk so you are on the very tips of your fingers to get the height to clear said trunk to even see the target nevermind clear the barrel past it.
    Others are timed rounds, gets the adrenalin flowing

sometimes we have distraction tactics too, mobile phones ringing, the odd whistling stander by and targets in the wrong order ie 20, 21, 24, 22, 23, 25 etc. That can be off putting.

some shots are dedicated left handers, forcing you to break your back or shoot lefty, some are stretched shots wheras you are spiling the seat of your strides to take position cos the peg is so far away from a clear shot.

Of course, this makes it a lot harder than some HFT's i've seen in mags and from pics on here but we are not competing with other clubs or the Mr Sparkes of the world, just ourselves and we all seem to get great fun out of it.
    Personally I love to shoot the course with a .22 springer, you get some unsavory looks from some chaps who only do .177pcp Especially the one 47yd standing shot which i can seem to get better than the 10yd rested ones

I suppose what i'm saying is........ as long as the shoot is fun and moderately difficult then thats all that counts.

Awaiting a flaming from the rules sticklers now...

40mm kills from peg 1-30 would be popular I think, all between 20-40 yards ??

Seriously though just set one of the normal tip top MAD courses

Steve

How about a forty yarder with a bit of clear perspex in the firing line at about 20 yards which totally obscures the kill but still keeps it visible?

The shot has to be taken standing or rested standing so the pellet just rises over the perspex and then falls to the kill.

Need nerves of steel to aim the cross hairs at a target through a transparent barrier!

Steve.

It would get smashed to pieces.. we had a similar shot though on one local comp, a fire grate set so the kill was covered with wire (cage) untill you got to a certain height & then the pellet would loop over the top of the grate & into the kill, so many shot through the cage though. IIRC it was set at 25ish yards & the target at 45...

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Exclamation

Exactly the same as one you would do for any 12ftlbs legal rifle.

The course is set

No cages or any-other metal pieces to obscure the targets
    A few short ones and a few long ones .
    3 standers and 3 kneelers and 24 others there to be shot ,I think there will be a clearance .infact there will be if some-one shoots them all down .
    Do I think they will ???? they will have to have a good day

SEE YOU ALL ON SUNDAY .It will be a good one
    Ian
    [Ian Bainbridge]

Cmon Ian, you don`t need anybody telling you guys how to set a course. We (springer shooters) shoot the same courses as the PCPs week in week out . Just bear in mind , there might be a couple more shooting .22 with their higher trajectory

Andy
    A wise man has something to say, a fool has to say something.

Andy I was bored thats all

The course is a cracker ,moved the shooting line and some pegs and targets so I;m sure you will all enjoy .
    Looks good weather so looking forward to shooting the old PCP tomorrow
    [Ian Bainbridge]

Gutted, can't make it. My middle boy has a party to go to, and being four, his Mum (Mrs W-B ) has to stay with him at said party, so muggins here has to stay home to look after the other two . Have fun guys, enjoy, and see you on the 4th for the next M.A.D. club comp . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Any.....Bring it on, the more challenging the better!!!!

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Quote Originally Posted by popsheep View Post
    Tell me come on ;;;;;;;;
    Interesting,decorative,floral,creative,challenging and with a good group of companions to go round with.
    It might be worth introducing a course setter 'mentally' challenged,let out of 'HELL' for the day,with a particulary sly and vindictive attitude to 'the followers of the light path', to lovingly create a masterpiece of mayham and change it into a course so it looks like a walk in the park.
    'That is' until you start to shoot it.
    Rating the course would be judged by the number of expletives heard during the day,and the more creative assessment of the course setters parentage,as well as the final scores.
    If a clear is managed(except by someone with horns)the course is considered a failure. .
    HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

This thread is all a little accademic now, as they will be starting shotgun style in one minutes time (and I'm not there ) ...

Small pegs so you can rest your hand ontop of it and shoot comfortabley!!
    Most shoots I goto there's big pegs and I can't shoot problem... Ohwait, That's just me
    |TX200 Club - Brighton HFT|
    Can you afford to guess if she's pregnant or not? Well now you can with the all new service revolver! Just 2 easy steps and your sorted. Point to your head then pull the trigger!