Thread: Valuation Help Please 'Lincon Jefferies'

Valuation Help Please 'Lincon Jefferies'

Hi All,
    I have been asked to sell a few air rifles for a lady whose husband died a few months ago, as I have no idea what these are worth I would appreciate some help,

H model Lincon Jefferies serial no 8435 in good condition shoots well 90% original blue, foreign bolt in loading tap, engraved writing on spring cylinder
    easily read, impressed writing on stock most of it can be read the rifle is complete and looks to be all original parts.

A Sheridan Pump up rifle Silver metal work 5mm .20 cal C Series with diopter sight in near new condition a few minor scuff marks on stock otherwise perfect.

A Crossman Medallist Pistol model 1300 .22 cal in need of a good clean and service, fires and complete.

A near new break barrel rifle no makers name just made in China on rear of
    Chamber, rifle in excellent condition but has a horrible painted brown stock don't know if it was like this from new?

Modern mark 5 or 6 Airsporter with cheap scope, some surface rust on barrel dont know if it will clean off hve not had chance to give it a good clean yet.

Thanks Jim
    Last edited by Jimlad; 13-09-2009 at 07:38 PM.

I seem to recall seeing a Crosman 1300 selling for around £70 on here a while back... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlad View Post
    Hi All,
    I have been asked to sell a few air rifles for a lady whose husband died a few months ago, as I have no idea what these are worth I would appreciate some help,

H model Lincon Jefferies serial no 8435 in good condition shoots well 90% original blue, foreign bolt in loading tap, engraved writing on spring cylinder
    easily read, impressed writing on stock most of it can be read the rifle is complete and looks to be all original parts.

A Sheridan Pump up rifle Silver metal work 5mm .20 cal C Series with diopter sight in near new condition a few minor scuff marks on stock otherwise perfect.

A Crossman Medallist Pistol model 1300 .22 cal in need of a good clean and service, fires and complete.

A near new break barrel rifle no makers name just made in China on rear of
    Chamber, rifle in excellent condition but has a horrible painted brown stock don't know if it was like this from new?

Modern mark 5 or 6 Airsporter with cheap scope, some surface rust on barrel dont know if it will clean off hve not had chance to give it a good clean yet.

Thanks Jim
    Just bought one of these (without rearsight and foresight hood but otherwise complete) and by the sound of it in similar condition, for £45. If it had had the rearsight I would have gone to around £60. Hope this helps.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    The Crosman at £70 sounds about right.

The Chinese gun is probably a B2 or somehting of that ilk in which case its worth about £30

The Lincoln Jeffries, now thats different. Depends a lot on condiiton and exact year of production. I'm assuming it is a Lincoln Jeffries and not a BSA (I'm no expert), in which case anything from £100 for something in miserable condition to....? Need an expert like Lakey here.

Pics might help(?).
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Thanks all
    I will try and get some pictures on sunday evening.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlad View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks Jim
    Hi Jim,

I have taken a look at the H The Lincoln Rifle and the trigger guard looks to be none original, also as you say, the loading tap is missing a large headed screw and a tiny little lock screw, to make it complete. Finally it looks like you may be missing the rear sight leaf ?

All that said, Lincolns are scarce rifles, so I would value it at £100-£135 in its current condition. If it had been complete, then maybe £165-£185

Hope that is of help

Lakey

Thanks Lakey,
    I was wondering about the trigger guard, should it have an adjustment screw for the trigger? the rear sight leaf is there, although not sure if it should have an adjustment wheel? which is not there, I think the lady concerned would be very happy around that figure, so I will put it up for sale in the next couple of days.
    thanks again
    Jim